six | the siege of the north

"It's daybreak at last. Let's write history" Zhao said with Iroh behind him.

"I don't need to remind you we have a time limit. If we don't defeat the water tribe before the full moon rises, they will be undefeatable." Iroh said

"I assure you, I have everything under control. I intend to remove the moon as a factor."

"Remove the moon? How?"

"Admiral Choi! Prepare to meet your fate." Said a teenage boy in an ancient fire soldier costume. The boy charged at Zhao, who only flipped the boy over board and continued his conversation.

"As I was saying. Years ago, I stumbled upon a great and powerful secret- The identity of the moon spirit's mortal form."

"What?" Iroh said shocked.

"I was a young lieutenant serving under General Xu in the Earth Kingdom. I discovered a hidden library, underground in fact. I tore through scroll after scroll. One of them contained a detailed illustration and the words "moon and "ocean." I knew the that the spirits could be found...and killed. And that it was my destiny to do so."

"Zhao, the spirits are not to be trifled with!" Iroh raised his voice.

"Yes, yes I know you fear the spirits, Iroh. I have heard rumors about your journey to the spirit world. But the ocean and moon spirit gave up their immortality to be a part of our world. And know, they will face the consequences

---

Mari looked out the small circular window of her chambers, it was exactly 9 hours ago that Zuko had left to to capture Aang, and still no signal of his arrival back. She tried to banish the very evident bad thoughts running through her mind. She forced herself to stay positive, knowing that Zuko was her only hope at getting her mother back. The full moon began to rise and she wondered why Zhao's troops hadn't retreated to continue the battle during the day. It was common knowledge that water benders get their power from the moon, and since tonight was a full moon, the water benders would be so extremely powerful.

She heard the door bust open and there stood a panting Iroh, his hands on his knees as he hunched over catching his breath. "We have to go, now." He said quickly.

"Why? Has Zhao figured us out?" She asked confused.

"No. He is planning on killing the moon spirit." Iroh said, standing up straight.

"I don't understand?" Mari questioned.

"There's no time to explain, we must go. Come, Mari." He whisper-yelled, as three guards passed down the hallway.

Mari obeyed and followed him. The searched for a two person kayak, similar to the one Zuko had used. When they had finally found one, the lowered it down into the water and paddled out to the glaciers. They snuck into the city, hiding themselves in the shadows. "Iroh. Look." Mari said slowly, as the moon began to turn red, giving the world around them a reddish tint.