thirty two | the western air temple

The group of seven, trudged through the land of straight up nothing, searching for The Western Air Temple, as Aang described it. It would be where they would stay to rest and plan out their next attack against the Fire Nation, if the day ever would come.

"This is humiliating." Katara groaned.

"You mean getting thoroughly spanked by the Fire Nation or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?" Sokka replied, with the same tone.

"Both."

"Sorry guys, but Appa gets tired carrying all these people." Aang said, petting the Bison lightly.

"I wonder how the rest of the troops are." Said Teo

"They're probably on their way to a prison. Seems like my dad just got out and now he's going back in." Haru replied.

"I miss Pipsqueak." The Duke replied.

"I miss not having blisters on my feet." Sokka sighed.

Toph halted, stomping her foot in the ground. "Hey we're here! I can feel it." She said. The other six looked up, seeing the same thing as before. Straight up nothing.

Mari looked further, secretly hoping Toph was right, all she saw was a cliff edge in the distance, but again, no air temple.

"Uh, I think you need to get your feet checked." Katara retorted.

"No she's right! We are here!" Aang exclaimed.

"Wow! It's amazing." Toph gushed.

Katara and Mari looked at each other, the same confused look on their faces.

"Now's not really time for jokes." Katara muttered.

"We're not kidding! Come on." Aang smiled, mounting on Appa, telling everyone to do the same.

With a simple "yip yip" the bison took flight into the air. As it sailed over the cliff edge, Mari and Katara's confused faces fell and their eyes widened. The Air Temple was under the cliff. Upside down infact.

When Appa landed. The seven jumped off and looked around in astonishment.

"Let's go check it out." Haru said running off, Teo and The Duke following after. Aang tried to as well, but Katara pulled him back.

"You guys go." She said to Teo and The Duke. "I think we need to talk about some things."

"Why can't I go?" Aang whined.

"We need to decide what we're gonna do now, and since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this."

"Fair enough. So, what's the new plan?" Aang sat down.

"Well, if you ask me, the new plan is the old plan! You just need to master all four elements and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes." Sokka suggested.

"Oh yeah. That's great, no problem. I'll just go do that." Aang replied sarcastically.

"Aang, no one said it's going to be easy." Katara tried to comfort him