forty one | ember island players

"Don't you think it's a little weird we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" Katara said looking around the courtyard of Ozai's house in Ember Island. Toph and Mari nodded, sitting next to her watching Zuko and Aang train.

"I told you, my father hasn't come here since out family was actually happy." Zuko responded, wiping sweat of his forehead with a rag. "And that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us."

"You guys are not going to believe this!" Sokka said running out into the courtyard with Suki. "There's a play about us."

"We were just in town and we saw this poster." Suki said, motioning to the scroll in Sokka's hands.

"What how is that possible?" Katara said

"Listen to this. The boy in the iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu on Tim, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole, to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources includes singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, sisters of an abbey, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

"Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players." Suki read from the bottom.

"Ugh, My mother used to take me to see them. They butchered Love Among the Dragons every year." Zuko groaned.

"Sokka so you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?" Katara turned to her brother.

"Come on, a day at the theater? This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I've been missing!"

---

Later that evening, the gang stepped into a booth at the theater, each dressed in fire nation attire.

Zuko sat down in a space with Katara on left and Mari on his right, before Aang could.

"Hey uh, I wanted to sit there."

"Just sit next to Mari, what's the big deal."

Mari knew Aang wanted to sit next to Katara but before she could tell Zuko to move the lights dimmed and the play started to begin.

The first scene started representing the South Pole. The actors of Katara and Sokka in a boat.

"Sokka, my only brother! We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas, and yet never do we find anything fulfilling" The actress said dramatically.

"All I want is a full feeling in my stomach! I'm starving!" Said the actor, causing the room to laugh. Katara and Sokka's once excited faces fell at the representation of them on the stage.

"Is food the only thing on your mind?" Stage Katara sighed.

As the show went on, Mari grew even more confused.

"Who are you, frozen boy?"

"I'm the Avatar, silly, here to spread joy and fun!" Said an extremely high pitched voice.

"Is that a woman playing me?" Aang whispered.

"They make me look so stiff and humorless!" Zuko exclaimed.