thirty | day of the black sun

As the subs made it to the beaches tanks were released and the benders inside used earthbending to make them move, the warriors charging behind them.

Toph, Mari, Haru, and some other select earthbenders chagred with the warriors instead of being in the tanks, they ran behind a truck carrying rocks, which they bent at the battle ments that were shooting from above.

As time went on, things became dysfunctional. Fire Nation soldiers began to outnumber them with their vehicles. Sokka arrived on Appa, his father and Katara both missing.

"Listen up everyone! I want the tanks in wedge formation. Warriors and benders in the middle. We're taking that tower and heading for the royal palace!"

"Charge!" He shouted, pointing his sword forward

They charged the wall, blowing it down with rocks and explosives.

The soldiers struggled to keep them back.

"The Fire Nation is falling back!" Shouted Haru's father.

--

Aang landed next to Katara, Toph, Mari, and Sokka

"Aang? What happened?" Mari asked.

"Please tell me you're here becuase the Fire Lord turned out to be a big wimp, and you didn't even need an eclipse to take him down?"

"He wasn't home. No one was." Aang said sitting down. ""The entire palace city is abandoned."

"They knew." Mari exclaimed.

"It's over." Aang said, defeated. "The Fire Lord is probably long gone. Far away on some remote island where he'll be safe during the eclipse."

"No. My instincts tell me he wouldn't have gone far. He would have a secret bunker. Somewhere he could go to and be safe during the siege, but still lead his nation." Sokka insisted.

"If it's an underground secret bunker we're looking for, I'm the girl to find it." Toph spoke up.

"The mechanistic gave me this timing device. It looks like we've got about ten minutes until the full eclipse. Ten minutes to find the Fire Lord." Sokka explained.

"We can still do this. We can still win the day." Aang said.

"Wait! If they knew we were coming it could all be a trap." Katara warned. "Maybe we should use the time we have left to make sure we all get out of here safely."

"Everyone who's here today came prepared to risk everything for this mission. They know what's at stake. If there's still a chance and there's still hope, I think they would want Aang to go for it." Hakoda said

"What do you think? You're the one that has to face the Fire Lord. Whatever you decide, I'm with you." Sokka said turning to Aang.

Aang rose up, looking up at palace city. "I've gotta try."

They all took Appa to a spot near the volcano.

"Do you feel anything down there?" Aang asked Toph.

Toph reached down, placing her hand to the floor. "Yep. There are natural tunnels criss-crossing through the inside of the volcano."