thirteen | old friends

Iroh continued to groan and sigh dramatically, clutching his shoulder in "pain". "Maybe we should make camp." Zuko said, slowing down the ostrich horse.

"No, please. Don't stop just for me." Iroh insisted. Zuko nodded and the ostrich horse continued to pace down the dirt road. From behind him, Iroh began to wail, more loud and more dramatic than before. Mari face palmed, growing annoyed. Zuko had had enough of the performance and stopped the animal, before dismounting and helping Mari off.

Iroh jumped off quickly and sat on a rock. Just as Mari was about to do the same, the ostrich horse let out a growl and Mari and Zuko heard rustling in the bushes above them. Quickly, the both took on fighting stances, waiting silently for an attacker.

"What now." Iroh groaned.

Instantly, men riding scary looking beats jumped out onto the road surrounding them. Mari deepened her stance, ready to fight, but Iroh got up with a smile.

"Colonel Mongke, what a pleasant surprise." He smiled.

"If you're surprised we're here then the Dragon of The West has lost a few steps." Said the Colonel. The men toughened up even more, readying to attack.

"You know these guys?" Zuko asked.

"Sure. Colonel Mongke and the Rough Rhinos are legendary. Each one is a different kind of weapon specialist." Iroh said proudly. "They are also a very capable singing group."

"Were not here to give a concert. We're here to apprehend fugitives." Mongke snarled.

" Would you like some tea first? I'd love some. How about you, Kahchi? I make you as a jasmine man. Am I right?"

Mari shook her head at Iroh's over the top friendliness.

"Enough stalling! Round them up." He shouted.

One man with a ball on a chain whipped it towards Iroh who quickly turned around and kicked it away, sending it wrapping around one of the Rhino's front leg. Dodging whips of fire, he smacked it on the behind with a spark of lightning, sending it running the opposite way, taking the man with the chained ball flying with it. Another man shot flaming arrows towards Zuko who deflected it with fire bending, he then shot a small burst of fire, burning the man's bow. The Colonel stepped forward shooting fire towards the three, which Mari deflected with earthbending.

While he was distracted, Zuko jumped up from behind and kicked him off the rhino. Mari ran with Iroh and hopped on the ostrich horse. Mari took control of the reigns and lead the animal running forward towards the rhino Zuko was standing on. When he saw Iroh and Mari he flipped off the rhino and onto the back of the ostrich horse.

Mari whipped the reigns, telling the animal to run faster when she saw one more of the men in pursuit of them. "Mari!" Zuko yelled. She looked back for a split second, seeing the man pelt a smoking bomb towards them. Mari turned back around and leaned in farther into the reigns, making the animal run even faster than before. The smoke exploded around them, but the ostrich horse crashed through it, just in time, getting away from the last of the Rough Rhino's.

"It's nice to see old friends." Iroh smiled.

"To bad you don't have any old friends that don't want to attack you." Zuko retorted.