6. ✓

Kaz could hear the shouting from below, Pim and Anika making a big fuss, accusing the Stadwatch officer of arresting some cousin who was innocent. It was quickly escalating by the sound of it.

Kaz softly cradled the lock in his gloved hands and not within a couple of seconds it clicked open. Kaz grinned. It had taken longer than he had expected to climb up to the window, but there was little other choice. He briefly wished he had Kwet come with him, to keep an extra eye on the guards and the fight, but in the end, she was too new. He had no idea about her skills and how much faith he could put in her.

He slowly pushed the window open and crept inside. He was without his cane, so as to not be recognized on the street when he left but also for the fact that it got in the way while climbing. He limped towards the desk of the office, checking the plaque to be sure he had the correct room. He then moved towards the desk drawer.
Drawing his lock picks out, he effectively unlocked the drawer. Pulling it out slowly, he moved a heavy book, pushing pencils aside as he felt along the false bottom of the desk. Using a pencil, he gently pried it open.

Kaz smirked when he saw the small heirloom. Some broken down pistol, he didn't much care for the story, as long as he was paid. Lifting it from the desk, he pocketed it and set everything back to the way it was, locking the desk drawer. He glanced out of the window, noting the guards were still missing, thankfully. He propped open the window and let himself out, locking it behind himself.

Kaz carefully picked his way down from the roof. He checked around the corners before limping towards the gate. Roeder pulled it open for him.

"Any trouble?"

"Not on my part." Kaz locked the gate. "Go get Pim and Anika out of there, before they get themselves arrested."

Roeder scrambled off, and Kaz followed at a slower pace, his leg was aching from the climb.

Sybia was walking the streets of Ketterdam, the sea breeze making her hair damp. She was careful about who was around her, making sure to keep her pockets close, so nobody would try to steal anything. As she walked, she heard Kaz's cane tapping lightly on the pavement. She quickly headed for a small alleyway to her left. As she watched him pass, she noticed how he didn't have any of his 'crew' around him.

She thought, I can't get him now, I'll just wait this out for a while.

The truth was that she knew he'd beat her now.

She muttered to herself, "I just need to get close to Inej. That's all that matters now."

She studied his movements some more, the way his eyes trailed over everyone. She headed up to the rooftop closest to her. She lied down and drifted off to sleep.

Kaz's spine tingled; someone was watching. He ignored it. Should they draw closer, he'd know. He stepped into the warmth of Kooperom. Anika waved him over as she pressed a cold glass to her bruised eye.

"Did you get it?"

"Yeah."

"When are they buying it?"

"You'll get your money when you do. Has the waiter come around?"

"Not yet."

Kaz settled into the booth, no one dared sit next to him. The room was warm and full of grubby gang members, but it was a good place to meet up after a successful job. They didn't serve too bad of drinks, either.

Jesper chuckled, placing down his cup to place his hand on Wylan's shoulders.

"First few times it may be difficult, but you're smart, merchling. I'll be there to help you, but I'm sure you'll do fine on your own! Besides you should know more about this sorta business than I!"