45.✓

Vlam jerked awake, running a hand across his face. His scar burned like it was fresh again, but he knew it was a trick of his mind. The teen stood to his feet and shook his head, looking around the room. 

Slowly he realized Oiche was gone. He called out to her and started walking around the mansion, trying to find his beloved dog. Each time he called her name, he got more frantic and louder. 

Soon he found the open door, his eyes wide. Spinning on his heels, he ran through the rest of the mansion, calling out her name. She never came, and eventually, Vlam realized she wouldn't. He spun around and had to stop himself from punching the wall. His teeth ground together, and his fists clenched.

Oiche didn't move when she was ordered to, though she laid her head down on her paws once more. She studied him from her new spot on his bed, and she had no interest in moving any time soon. 

The wolfdog turned her attention to the window, just looking outside for the sake of it. Soon she heard the slight thump of a cane as Kaz stood and grabbed it. Slowly she turned her head to him, sighing. In a matter of moments, she was at his side and ready to head out again.

Kaz walked over to Kwet's new room. Her old one would be cleaned today. However, Kwet wasn't there. Kaz could only hope she was doing something useful for him. 

Instead, he headed out of the Slat to see what information he could dig up on the ferals. Firstly, however, he needed to drop off Oiche. He couldn't command her as she didn't listen to him, which made bringing her on a stealth mission a generally bad idea. 

Maybe he could lock the knob this time and keep her in the mansion. He was at least in a better mood than when he left. 

He had a plan. He would try and send word to Jesper and perhaps drag the sharpshooter's sorry tail back to Ketterdam. Kaz could hardly stand how Wylan seemed to sulk about the mansion.

Oiche trailed after Kaz, resuming her typical stance when walking down the road. Snarling at passing pedestrians who got too close. Though, she mostly stayed silent. Head down, eyes narrowed. Her claws clicked upon the cobblestone road as well, though it was the only sound she seemed to make.

Kwet perked up when she spotted Kaz walking with a familiar dog trailing him.
She leaped down, almost seeming to float in the air as she dropped and headed his way. 

She made her presence known, making her heeled boots clip so as to not frighten the dog.
"Do you have any work for me, sir?"

Oiche spun around at the sound of a soft click, glaring at the new girl. She stepped forward, a near snarl on her face.

 Her tail swished slowly over the cobblestone. Soon she glanced up and saw a large bird, which she promptly bared her fangs at. The farther that bird stayed, the better.

"That I do. Our friend of a Merch owns a new and upcoming gang, The Ferals. He's shown himself to be brash and foolish enough to attack. I want what you can give me on his gang. Businesses, safe houses, anything, and everything. We're going to show them out of the barrel before they can get too cozy." Kaz replied; he kept walking, wanting to get a head start on the day. After all, Ketterdam was a big place. 

"Report back to me on what you found." Kaz tapped his cane on the cobblestones twice as a way of dismissal.

Kwet nodded, soundlessly making her way back to the roofs. She wasn't going to let this job slip away from her. She got to work right away.

Kaz turned out of the barrel and headed toward Wylan's mansion. He tipped his hat at a woman who stared at him for a beat too long. She hurriedly looked away.