26.✓

"Evening, Jes. You said you wanted a mission, didn't you?" Kaz said, appearing from the entrance into the room Jesper had been lounging in. He tossed him the other guard uniform. "Let's get going, we don't have time to waste. Get changed and hurry up." Kaz turned and walked toward one of the bathrooms where he quickly changed into the uniform, he left his clothes at the door to grab later. Waiting impatiently for Jesper to join him. 

He had no doubt they were expected, he'd have to leave his cane behind. Kaz wiggled the extra pair of lock picks behind his molars, making sure they were tightly placed. He had to change his regular gloves for the heavier, stiff work gloves the officers wore. 

Even still, he was far too recognizable. He'd have to make yet another stop, and he was growing increasingly worried at the time this whole operation would take. His hands clenched, he knew Inej could take care of herself, it didn't stop him from worrying.

Without another word Jesper did as was told, rushing upstairs to change, and basically ran down the stairs afterward. Grabbing and tucking away his revolvers, in a hidden pouch as he didn't need them to be seen. Once Jesper shimmied on a pair of shoes, he glanced in Kaz's direction. 

The bastard had a good poker face, once Jesper needed to learn... but there was something Jesper spotted, it was there during the boat mishap mission when the 6 of them were going to the ice court... it was there when they realized they'd been duped by Jan Van Eck, too.  

Inej. Jesper thought, holding his sigh out, yet he felt responsible for her odd disappearance. "When." Jesper pressed with little to no emotion, knowing that this was serious and for once didn't joke about.... it was the first thing Jesper said to Kaz as they walked off, he knew when but he wanted to know if there was anything else Kaz knew that he didn't. Jesper pushed his adrenaline aside. He too, wanted this to go smoothly... and there was no need for fooling off quite yet... he wanted to get his friend back.

"I'm not sure. I didn't exactly have the clearest description of what happened." Kaz responded, his gaze darkening at the thought of Caden. He seemed to have shaken the Sailor off at some point. It didn't matter, as long as he didn't do something stupid, Inej would be fine. 

Kaz walked into a small shop, it's full of frilly costumes and thick fabrics. Kaz made his way into the back room. A young teenager jumped, he was maybe 12. 

"Brekker," he stuttered, Kaz stepped closer to him. "I need your help, you can be sure I'll pay you well." Almost immediately he straightened his back. 

"What can I do?" 

"I need you to tailor me."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"But... I don't know how to make you look like somebody else,"

"That's fine. You said you were good with colors, all I need is to not look like myself."
The boy gave a nervous nod and pointed Kaz towards a chair. Kaz sighed and sat down. It was maybe 30 minutes, but thankfully Kaz didn't need anything well done. 

The boy turned his hair lighter, a ruddy orange-brown instead of its usual dark brown, he also worked on Kaz's eyes. Changing the color to a grey-blue, but flecks of the dark coffee color still broke through. 

It didn't matter to Kaz, so long as for the quick glance he'd be given he didn't look like himself. He pulled out a wad of Kruge and passed it to the boy, who beamed. Kaz limped along the streets. Up ahead, he could make out their destination. He took a turn down an alley, seeing Oiche's glimmering eyes.

Oiche jumped to her paws at the sounds of footsteps, seeing Kaz her tail wagged slightly. Just for a moment, then she saw Jesper. She crept towards the lanky teen, and simply sniffed at his wrist. Deeming him safe, for now, she padded back to a mildly spooked Vlam.