28.✓

Jesper ran his tongue against the inside of his teeth feeling some metallic taste. Saying his name in his mind over and over again. "Mmm, sorry doesn't ring a bell..." Jesper sarcastically spoke as this 'Jason' sat in front of him. 

"But my guess is I'll forget it soon anyways." Jesper finished, wriggling around a little to test the strength of the securities.

Jason chuckled as he watched him test the strength of the ropes.

"Don't bother trying Mr. Fahey, wouldn't want anything to happen to your boyfriend, now do we?"

Jesper mentally sighed, of course... Wylan.... where is he? Was he safe? Still in the meeting? hopefully, he didn't get caught Jesper thought. Kaz will think of something and get me later... hopefully he gets to Wylan before anything can happen. If not caught already. 

Jesper continued to think. He knew Jason was watching the gears turn in his mind, but Jesper wanted to stay his cool sarcastic self. "Of course not!" that part Jesper meant it. 

"Sorry, was I interrupting? you were going to make a deal with me?" Jesper continued as if he would ever agree.

Jason nodded and rested comfortably in his chair, playing with a knife. "Right. Now I have business with a friend but I need you to do something for me."

Jesper looked from the floor to Jason confused. "So... That's the deal? Sure..." Jesper responded, sarcastically at the end.

Jason gripped onto the knife out of anger and frustration.

"What I need you to do is leave Kerch. Now you are free to take Van Eck with you as long as you leave. That should be easy to do, even for a small-minded soul like you."

Jesper sighed... "And I was starting to like it here... after years and years." Jesper thought that this was the easiest deal to agree to out of what he and the others had been through.  "Is there a time I need to leave by, cause I kind of need to send a couple of letters ahead of time..." Jesper spoke again, drawing the conversation on a little more just to make sure that this 'Jason' person wasn't messed around with him. 

"Oh, and if you're letting me go can you so kindly leave my revolvers somewhere in my care... take the ammo if you so want." Jesper smiled kindly at the end as if he were talking to a friend... but that's the fun of it.

Jason stabbed the table with the knife and stood up, losing his patience.

"Or I could always kill you right here right now! Either way works. So I should see you on a ship by sunrise tomorrow or your bed will be red with your own blood!"

Jesper blinked before responding and moved his hand up as if he was gonna surrender, but stopped since he was tied up. 

"Okay, okay... may I think it over at least... or can I hear the outcome if I don't leave?" Jesper continued to ask. "Oo, what if one leaves and the other doesn't?"

"You have to leave, Wylan doesn't but it would be better for him. Now if you don't, I can promise you that your whole life will become a living hell. Do I make myself clear?"

"Mmm.... you won't define the 'living hell' part will you?" Jesper asked with a brow raised. Knowing he's pushing his luck, but yet deep down inside enjoyed making Jason more frustrated.

***

Wylan went up to the rooms at the top of the Crow Club but no Kaz or Jesper still, no Inej. No, anyone. He decided to go back to the mansion and see if they had got back. Maybe wait around for a bit. 

He waved bye to Anika and pulled his coat tighter around his body when the dreary ketterdam weather hit. Where are they? He panicked. His eyes caught on a boy around the same age as him, with a large black and white dog next to him. 

The boy was bleeding from the side of his head and looked exhausted, he was probably a Dreg, seeing as he was in dreg territory so Wylan thought that he should help him. 

"Are you okay?" Wylan said to the boy, "I can help you."

***

In one swift move, Jason made a deep cut in Jesper's cheek before pointing the knife right at his groin.

"Are you going to take me seriously or not?"

Vlam turned a dazed look to the small ginger boy next to him. He was probably around his own age, and Oiche didn't seem to hate him too much yet, judging by the way she only glared at him. It was strange for the wolfdog to trust someone so easily, but it was probably because her master was wounded. 

It took Vlam a minute to process what the curly-haired boy said, his hair was red similar to his own. Slowly Vlam nodded to the younger teen, "That'd...be appreciated..." He nearly slurred out. The wolfdog at his heels was calmly watching Wylan, still studying him.

Jesper hissed at the warm spot on his cheek, as he felt the blood beginning to pour. "Aww, I rather enjoyed this uniform..." Jesper muttered before proceeding "I'm taking you seriously... I'm just saying I'm gonna need to think it over."

Jason straightened and put his knife away.

"Fine then but you're not leaving that spot until you have."

He then walked out the door, a guard walking in to watch over the sharpshooter.

Jesper saw him leave and sighed... looking down at his now bloodied clothes, and mess on the floor. "Do you have a cloth at least?" Jesper asked the guard knowing he wouldn't get a response. "Or... wanna play blackjack?... somehow?" Jesper said, now rambling about. Wondering and worrying about his friends.

The guard grunted as a light smirk ghosted on his lips as he set a handkerchief on the table knowing he couldn't grab it before returning to his post.