36.✓

Sybia looked at the figure. "How do you think things are going?" She'd snarl at him.  "Now, now...no need to act hastily." The figure would open the cell. 

"Why are you helping me?" The figure would take a step forward. 

"You want to get out now, don't you?" She'd ponder on the question, not saying anything. 

"How may I assist you?" The figure would smile. 

"That's a good girl." The figure would unlock her cell and lead her to an alley. "I need you to tell me what you know about Kaz and his little crew." She'd watch him with careful eyes. 

"Why would I do that?" The figure would smile. "I can just tell Kaz and he can kill you too. I'm sure he'll love that." 

Sybia would watch him carefully. "What's your name?" He'd continue walking. 

"Kaji." She'd feel herself blush. 

"Where are you taking me?" She'd look around, nothing but an alleyway. Kaji would stop and turn around. 

"I'm starting to regret bailing you out." Sybia would smirk. 

"Then why don't you just leave me here to die?" 

Someone would call out from behind her. "Kaji?" Kaji would turn around and hug the figure. 

"Razor, is that really you? You've grown so much." Sybia would watch the two embrace. 

"Sybia meet Razor." Razor would stick out his hand, Sybia would look at it. "She's not very friendly." Razor would nod his head. 

"Come and meet the others. They'll love you." Sybia would follow and look around, most of the people around her were merchants. Some of them whispered and others glared at her as she passed. 

"Friendly bunch you've got here." She'd mumble to herself. Kaji would lead her into a small building on the far side of Ketterdam. 

"What do you want from me?" She'd look around at the rundown building. "I already told you, for you to join my gang." Kaji would lean on the wall. 

"Fine, but you will not address me as Sybia." Kaji would smile. 

"Then what shall I call you?" 

Sybia would smile. "Lynx."

***

Jason clenched his fists. "Dirtyhands." He hissed. He stomped out of his building and made his way to the Slat. How dare he take my Nynx! He will pay for this! As he thought this his pace quickened. 

The murder was always on his mind but never like this. This was a hatred that he hadn't felt since... He shook the thought away and continued his pace to the crow's nest.

Vlam give a single nod and called Oiche off the now unconscious merch. He cut a few strips of fabric from a nearby curtain and used them to tie Van Eck to a chair, then he used the leftovers to clean off Oiche's face.

 The wolfdog's tail wagged slightly, as she sat patiently. When her owner had finished, she shot a glare at the merch, then jumped onto a table to guard him.

Wylan watched as Vlam tore a curtain apart and tied his father to a chair. He wondered what would happen if Jesper came home and saw all the mess in the house. Burnt kitchen, ripped curtain, and Jan Van Eck tied up in the hallway.

 Why was he here? Had he come with the intent to murder his son again? Had he come to steal back what he believed to be his? See if his worthless, soft-minded, stupid son had run the Van Eck empire into the ground?