33.✓

Sybia would wake up in her cell. Dammit. The guard would be inside and she'd see him smirk from the corner of her eye. The tiny bit of sunlight would make her skin glow. The warmth would paste a smile on her face. 

She'd sniff the air, the sea breeze would fill her nose. Someone would walk into her holding area. "Well, well, well....how's it going Sybia?" She'd watch the figure carefully. Her eyes drifted across their body. "We have many things to talk about." A chuckle would arise in her throat. "Indeed we do."

"It's fine, I never liked that table anyway" Wylan started to say but was cut off by a yell somewhere in the house. He looked at Vlam skeptically and walked towards the noise.

When Inej noticed Kaz standing up she rushed towards his side. She was worried about his health as Kaz wasn't a person who could sleep easily.

"How are you feeling?"

Kaz glanced at Inej, his hands clenching, he sharply averted his gaze toward Donahue's house. "I'm fine." He responded, voice tight with restraint. He wasn't the one they needed to be worried about. Jesper was somewhere, in who knows what condition. How could have he been so idiotic? So foolish, how many times did he have to lose people to it before he finally got a grip of himself. 

What would he tell Wylan if Jesper died, hell what if he had got Jes killed... Could he bear it? To see another person he cared for crumble at the knowledge that his plan had caused them a loss so great... He wasn't sure.

The harshness in his voice was enough for Inej to know that he is far from well but that armor, she sighed remembering what she told him long ago. Shaking her head and pushing that thought aside she said, "I'm going to look into Donahue's mansion." 

She looked at him trying to read whatever that was going inside his head but after a while, she just turned around and left. 

As she was about to jump down she turned once again and said, "Jesper will make out this. Alive."

Kaz stayed quiet, watching Inej walk away from him. He didn't want her near that creep's house, but she could handle herself. She didn't need him fussing after her, so with a faint sigh, he let go of the urge to fight back and argue. He was in no condition to sneak around the house, as much as he didn't want to admit it, and the last thing they needed was another person captured. 

"Don't be seen," he said, voice low. Spoken like a command, but it was a plead. All he could say in the face of losing the closest people in his life. He watched Inej disappear into the night and forced himself to look away from where she disappeared, to focus on the guards, the house.

Inej walked towards the white mansion carefully eyeing the guards on duty. They looked attentive but it was late in the night so general fatigue was all over them. Her senses were ready to pick up any unusual noise or silhouette of anything that shouldn't be there. 

From a higher platform, she looked for the gap with the weakest security line. Jesper could be inside so the last thing she needed was to grab any attention. A small window covered in some creepers came into her view, there were next to no security there. Just a guard who looked rather asleep with his gun hanging loosely on his shoulder. 

She jumped down and walked towards the window. In one swift motion, she cut the creepers to make enough space for her to go inside. As she jumped she took notice of the dark, silent surrounding. It didn't feel like any life was there, just the ticking of a distant old wall clock.

But it was Jesper's life she was talking about so she moved towards the stairs checking each room and every corner for any sign or clue of his whereabouts