42.✓

Kaz dropped the body in the alleyway, wiping off his hands and eyeing Oiche.

Vlam also unceremoniously dropped the body and looked to the very proud Oiche. Her tail wagging faster than bullets fly, cane still gently held in her mouth.

"She's not going to give that back, is she?" Kaz sighed, observing the wolf dog with a blank face, still deciding if he should be irritated or amused.

Vlam gave a laugh that was equally amused and nervous. "Probably not, she might give it to you if you held out your hand, and told her Tabhair" He said the kaelish word slower and a bit clearer, assuming Kaz didn't speak a lick of kaelish.

Inej took her spot in one dark corner. It was close to dawn, little bluish light marking its presence on the dark Ketterdam sky. The cold air was brushing through her face making few strands of loose air swing in the direction. With a knife in one hand and a maroon cloth in the other, she started cleaning each of them with patience and love hoping it would call her running mind. 

A mind that was going through all sorts of possibilities. It was a life, a series of what-ifs, and each one worse than the previous. After few minutes or so, when she realised even her knives were failing to relax her down, she decided to go to Kaz looking for answers.

Kaz rose a brow but followed Vlam's instructions, a little sluggish as he didn't much care for leaving things up to chance or speaking new languages. 

But he held out his hand and said "Tabhair" in a thick Kerch accent, but the word was still clear enough.

Oiche padded towards Kaz and leaned towards his hand, seemingly offering the cane to the barrel boss. When he went to grab it, she jumped back, growling playfully and dropping into a bow. Tail wagging viciously and nearly falling between her ears.

Kaz sighed, glancing at Vlam, he reached forward, but his cane just slipped through his fingers as Oiche bounced a few paces away and dropped back into a play bow. Kaz scowled and stood to his full height.

Vlam was wheezing, a hand to his face trying to suppress the laughter that was forcing itself from his chest. "S-sorry s-sir..." He stuttered slightly with the occasional laugh. 

Soon Vlam got himself under control, "She might bring it to ya to try and play fetch, othet then that we just wait it out. Unless you have a better idea."

"I do. Tell your dog to follow." Kaz said and started down the street. He led them to a building on the staves, ducking into a back alley by a canal. He slipped his lockpicks out of his sleeve and into the door.

Vlam rose a brow, and spoke something in rapid Kaelish, and started after Kaz, Oiche following behind after a moment. Cane is still securely in her teeth.

He opened up the dark storage area. "Wait here." He muttered, walking in and rustling around inside before he cane back out with a hunk of half-frozen meat. He offered it to the dog, then turned back around to close and lock the door to the restaurant behind him.

Inej stood up and was looking around when two figures caught her eye. A leading lanky Kaz, behind him the new boy. As she looked carefully, she saw the dog following her master with a stick... no, that's Kaz's cane, she realized as she sighed. 

"Better come back soon, Brekker." She said to herself as she saw them going further away from the mansion.

Oiche suspiciously studied the hunk of meat before sniffing it and dropping the cane. Then she gently took the meat in her teeth and bounced back a few steps to quickly scarf down the mystery meat.

Vlam watched this whole go down, then laughed outright. "You really just bought your cane back from my dog."

"That was a lot cheaper then when I first bought it," Kaz grumbled, wiping off the dog spit on some gauzy curtains hanging on the outside of the window. "Alright, let's head back." Kaz muttered, now at ease with his weight better distributed off of his bad leg, which began to grow stiff and sore and harder to move as days and nights dragged on.