49.✓

Kaz looked around the restaurant before giving a subtle shake of his head. This was not the place for sensitive information. He stirred the remains of his third cup of coffee and finished it off. 

Placing down a small tip for his waiter, Kaz stood from the table, grabbing his cane. He led Kwet down the street, into a noisy canal. 

He paused on the bridge going over it. "What did you find?"

Kwet followed him silently.

"I killed three Feral's, they're deaths shouldn't be noticed for a while." She stated, eyes focused on the canal below. 

"I found Jason talking with his spiders, he had quite a few and seems to be sending groups of three out to check their territory. I also found another, they mugged a woman. I don't know how but the sensed I was following, told me to warn you, says they'll squash your spiders like a bug. They're in the inn with the double green doors, two places down from the restaurant you were in." 

She still had a hand on her axe, she wasn't used to being caught following people, it was making her a bit nervous. But this new spider was foolish enough to give Kwet their location, now all she had to do was pounce. 

"What would you like me to do next?" She asked.

***

"We aren't allowed to say his name." Inej heard as she was about to go back to the mansion. 

She stopped right there and listened carefully. The men were closely discussing something, completely oblivious to her presence. 

"He wanted work to be done and so be it." The same bald one said again. Before the other could say anything the bald one took out a knife and pushed it just above the other man's waistline. 

Wiping off the knife on his pants he turned on his heels and went towards another dark alley. 

Inej started moving towards him. Before entering the narrow lane she thought, Kaz is going to be so angry.

Sybia would walk the streets of Ketterdam. Her eyes scanning for something to steal. She'd spot a merchant with a rather large gold watch. 

"Hello there sir, anything I can do for you today?" The man would look at her knowing that something was up. "Not today miss." Sybia would flash a smile at him. "Are you sure?" Sybia would carefully grip his hand and slide his watch off of his arm. 

Sybia would see him blush as their fingers touched. Sybia would hear a clocktower ringing in the distance. She'd smile at him, then flee. 

Never stay in one place too long  Her feet would take her to the docks. She'd steal a fish and shove it into her pocket. I'll cook that later.

***

Kaz hummed, tapping his fingers on the rail. "Leave them be, for now. I need your focus on the big picture. We can focus on individual pieces later. As far as we are aware, Jason has no cares but his cat and business. So, we burn down the buildings and hope the cat stays inside." 

Kaz fixed his gloves in place and watched a couple of pigeons pass. "Is that all you found?"

"Yes." She stated simply, relaxing a bit, her bandage wrapped hands coming away from her axes. 

She waited for her usual dismissal, glancing at the pigeons who looked their way before quickly turning back away.

Kaz waved her off and set a course for the Van Eck mansion. It was closer to him anyway. He would need to speak to Wylan if anything to ease the boy's troubles. He could very well do what he had planned without telling anyone and would have much rather, but Kaz needed Wylan focused and attentive, not constantly worrying over Jesper.