39.✓

"Perhaps..." Kaz said, gesturing with the bloodied knife. "But it wasn't like you were going to tell me that anyway, and if you have nothing useful to give, there's no use in suffering your insolence any longer. If you want to live through tonight, I'd suggest using what breath you can still get."

He started walking toward the cat, the knife held in a relaxed grip as he observed the angry feline. 

"And, if Jesper left on his own free will, as you so claim, whether it was death or leaving Ketterdam, he's safer then you are right now, and I'll find him when I need to. Jesper was never good at keeping anything secret for long in any case." 

Kaz ran the knife along the cage bars, listening to the sound of metal cutting into metal. 

"So, I really don't need you. Even less your feline friend, as you have nothing to give me in trade for this furball's life."

Jason did his best to keep calm and not let his fear show but there was a small falsh in his eyes as he listened to the sound.

"What exactly do you want from me?"

"Answers, Mr. Donahue." Kaz said, with a sharp smile. 

"You targeted the Wraith, no doubt for the interest of your little side business. However, you had no real reason to take my sharpshooter. What is your little plan here? What's your goals. You're dying anyway, so might as well spill while you can." Kaz gave a pointed look at the blood that was soaking through Jason's shirt front, growing in a generous amount. He'd have to get one of the grunts to clean up the blood-stained floors.

Vlam heard the bootfalls as someone approached the cage, then Kaz's voice. Quickly he lowered his bow, then opened his eyes and returned the arrow to the quiver. Vlam had regained control of himself and forced himself to look to Jason. 

It was clear he was still shaken up, but his hands where no longer shaking. The blood from the catbite had dripped onto the floor, and it had began to clot. The inferni's teeth ground together, it was impressive they hadn't shattered.

When Inej reached the doors of the big mansion she checked her knives again before stepping inside. As she entered the room she saw a tied up Van Eck beside a growling dog.

Looking at the stance of the dog she became sure it could bite her or VanEck any moment. Exhaling a deep breath she went inside keeping her eyes on the dog rather that the man who was no better than a street dog himself.

Kwet remained on her perch, blank-faced and watchful. She stared at the dying man, hand still in her axe. They needed answers. She kept a watchful eye on the window, who knew if Jason had allies sneaking around to find him.

"My goal? Well isn't it obvious? Jan Van Eck is out of jail and free at the same time I'm doing this. The same reason why I purposely let Kwet take Nynx, well her decoy. The same reason that I let her capture me. The same reason why everyone is here while Jan frees himself from the ropes in his Mansion. Its a simple puzzle really Kaz."

Kaz smirks, not in the slightest worried. "Is that so, and what do you get from the reign of Van Eck?"

Vlam had to smirk slightly at that, nothing would be getting past Oiche. Not some disgrace of a merch. Then he quickly cleaned it off his face, though his stance raided a smug demeanor. 

Vlam then shook his hand, flicking half clotted blood everywhere. The dried blood was irritating his skin, and he was trying to shake it off, but failing miserably.

Jason chuckled. "Not really something I'll receive. You see I find many things amusing, chaos being on of them. Besides, I owe this much to Jan."

Kwet arched an eyebrow.