51.✓

Vlam spent most of his time on that bench, letting himself recover. Soon, his stomach growled and he sighed. Damn human needs. He looked down to Oiche and whispered, "Ocras ró-chara?" She jumped to her paws yapping slightly. The Grisha boy sighed and nodded, pushing himself to his feet. 

Then he started down the streets snd noticed an unguarded food stand, it looked like the merchant had stepped away for a moment to flag down another pigeon. He paused for a moment, glancing around. There were too many people around to go for the kruge, however. 

The wolf boy was able to successfully grab some items. A bottle of water, some jerky, and a thing of fried potatoes. Quickly Vlam shoved them into his pockets and moved on as calmly as possible, pretending that never happened. 

Soon, he got down an alleyway leaning on the building and watching down the entryway as he ate his potatoes and handed Oiche her jerky.

***

Wylan stood in the kitchen, he didn't think he was like Jason. He didn't think he was like his father. Not until now. He took a steadying breath, he'd been expecting to get hit, cut, anything else, just not yelled at. 

He stood there for ages, not knowing anything, not feeling much. The only occasional pang of hurt, disgust at himself. He missed Jesper.

***

Kwet appeared out of the shadows, just a few feet down from Vlam. 

"Nice leg." She commented as she glanced at his wanky looking limb. 

She plucked a fried potato from him, popping it into her mouth. 

"Seems like the boss is pretty set on us taking down the ferals, or me." She flashed a wicked smile knowing very well why Vlam had a fractured leg. He should have never laid a single hand on Kaz. 

A distant screech came from her falcon and Kwet glanced up to find him circling the pair. 

"Looks like Idgeka found Jason, see ya around, Wolf Boy." And then she was gone as quickly as she had appeared, swinging herself gracefully up onto the roofs. 

Idgeka led her to the leader of the ferals, and she made sure to stay in the protection of the shadows. She was only going to stalk him, see if she could find out what his pattern of where about a was. She kept a hand on her axes, just in case.

Vlam instantly reached for his daggers, before realizing they were gone, and it was Kwet. When she made fun of his busted leg, his eyes narrowed slightly, he clearly wasn't in the best mood.

"Haha, yeah make fun of the dude with the busted leg." Vlam drawled sarcastically, glaring at her. When she stole a potato, he slapped her hand away before she could come back for seconds.

"Glad you can have an interesting job... though I can say I'll definitely have some more excitement. " The Grisha boy said with a morbid laugh, running his hand along his busted nose, wincing slightly. The screech of the bird caused Oiche to jump back and hide behind Vlam, snarling up at the sky. 

"Later, Bird Girl," Vlam called after Kwet, finishing off his potatoes. He decided to hang around the alleyway for a while longer, so he took a long swig from his water bottle.

When Vlam finished rinsing the rusty taste from his mouth, he came to the realization his face was basically covered in dried blood. Frowning slowly he hobbled over to a nearby canal and quickly rinsed off his face before someone could shove him into the now pinkish water. 

He then returned to the alleyway and sat in the back, leaning his own sore back on the wall.

Kwet continued to follow Jason as he made his way through his newfound territory, she made sure to stay hidden within the shadows. She hoped she would find some useful information.