32.✓

Wylan was shocked. Vlam didn't look like a drüskelle, so he would be permitted sweets, so why has he never had waffles? "You've never had waffles? They're a sweet dough thing, that you can put things like syrup on. You need to eat them they're amazing. I think I have some in the kitchen actually," all that'd need doing was heating them up, but was now the time?

Vlam nodded slowly, after all, he was curious. Back on the farm he really didn't have many luxuries, like sweets or fancy bread. Occasionally he got toffee from the librarians, and he would hoard them away for weeks before eating them. 

"Yeah! That actually sounds interesting. Are they like bread...but fancy I suppose?" It was the only way Vlam could think of wording it. Oiche had woken up from the excitement and lifted her head, looking around the room, and glaring at Wylan.

Kaz glanced to Kwet, and the writhing, hissing, cloak. "Alright..." he said, with a deeply annoyed sigh. "Keep that thing in your room, for now, I'll come up with something to do with it later. You can stick it in a cage if you must. Just keep it alive." Kaz grumbled, dismissing Kwet as his eyes stayed trained on the house.

Inej maintained her distance after that girl came. She was right about her being Kaz's new spider. While they were discussing whatever report she came up with, Inej watched the city carefully. Looking for any disturbance or anything odd enough to catch. 

She had no idea where Donahue could exactly be. After six months she had a lot to catch up with now. As she thought about her time in Donahue's cell she started feeling weak again, it was after so long that she felt that helpless. Gripping her knife tightly she said, "I'll not have any mercy if you laid even a finger on Jesper."

Kwet nodded, taking her leave. 

She didn't know how she managed to get the cat into her falcon's massive cage. But she did, with plenty of scratches to prove it. The cat hissed at her from its spot.

"At least I've got food and water." She said as she patched up some of the scratches. She had given it a bowl of water and a dead mouse her falcon had left at her window sill, uneaten. She had to keep it alive after all. So she just waited, watching carefully out her locked window.

"Do you want to eat some? I might have food for your dog too." Wylan said, making waffles would probably distract him from his worries.

Vlam looked over at Oiche, then nodded. "Yeah, she needs some food soon... do you have any meat? Something raw preferably, fish would be best. If ya don't that's fine too." Vlam paused to push himself to his feet, slower again so he didn't fall over. He was still dizzy on his feet, but he was mostly fine now.

Kaz watched as hours slipped by, and nothing much of interest occurred. The guards changed their shifts, no one entered or exited the house. He leaned back against a chimney, stretching his bad leg and moving it to keep it from locking in place. He glanced up at the sky, slowly closing his eyes, letting out a faint sigh. 

He felt heavy, the weight of stress and many sleepless days crashing into him. He really didn't want to move, he opened one eye to look at the house, still nothing, two guards were chatting animatedly. He wasn't sure when, but his vision slipped away from him, his eyes closing and slowly his consciousness snuck away from him too. Apparently, sleep was a better thief than he gave it credit for.

Once the ship had departed from the dock Jason made his way back to his house. When he reached the front doors he asked the two guards if there was anything to report, there was none. Jason smiles to himself as he walked to his office, happy to see his cat.  But when he saw that the bed was empty he started to panic. He looked everywhere but still no sign of her.