48.✓

Kaz left Vlam, shaking his head. He started back into Barrel, the Ferals were still new, so they did not have prime real estate. 

Kaz headed deeper into the pit of the barrel, where the worst monsters lurked, the half-feral folk, who whispered to themselves as their grubby, blistered hands grabbed at whatever they managed to find. 

Buildings were drab and dreary, it was here Kaz found the old store that Kwet had spoken of, supposedly a Feral hideout. Kaz eyed the place, the front door was unlocked and Kaz let himself.

***

Inej was known as the Wraith and it was time for Ketterdam to remember that. She tiptoed on the edge on the edge of the wall and took a big leap crossing over a good distance. Being so high up in the sky, keeping track of her movements kept her going. 

She was thinking about going over to a warehouse when Kaz's warning about an assassin came to mind. She needed to find more about her too before that girl could cause any trouble for Inej or anyone near her. A person can be foolishly dangerous with their revenge and pride acting as a driving force. 

She made her way back to the main streets. If Inej thought about what the girl might be thinking then she could expect her near the Slat or around Kaz as half of the population consider that to be the place where they expect the Wraith to be.

***

"This tea's almost as hot as you" the barista winked at Wylan and handed him the tea. 

"Thanks," Wylan said shifting awkwardly, getting ready to leave as soon as he could. The barista grinned at him.

"You from 'round here?" 

"Yeah." 

"Five Kruge please, love." Wylan handed the Barista the money and he swore that the barista had deliberately brushed their hands together. 

"Hope to see you again soon." The barista said with a cheery wave and one last wink, maybe he had a twitch or something. 

"Maybe," Wylan said but he really meant no. He was distracted and embarrassed so when he walked out he took a moment to notice that the barista had written his address on the cup, presumably so Wylan could send him a letter. 

He cringed and then because he wasn't looking, he ran right into someone.

Vlam actually yelped when Wylan ran right into his newly fractured leg. Oiche was quickly moving to bite Wylan, but the oldest teen was able to hiss out something in kaelish, and she stopped. 

He then looked at Wylan and had to stop himself from snapping at him, reminding himself that Wylan likely didn't know what happened. 

"Watch the leg, Deartháir." He said, sounding like an older brother grumbling at his younger sibling.

Wylan stumbled backward and then looked at Vlam with concern, this wasn't too close to the Slat. 

"What happened to your leg? Do you need some help or..." he trailed off not knowing quite what else to say.

Vlam hesitated a moment, yes he would like help with it. Though, he couldn't accept. Not yet anyway. He also might as well tell Wylan what happened, so he wouldn't try to offer assistance anymore, and so Kaz hopefully wouldn't assume he was pestering Wylan for help.

"Ok, so, basically I gotta live on the streets for a week and I can't accept help from anyone..." The older teen hesitated a moment. "...because I may have decked my boss... in the face..." He paused again, leaning down to give Oiche a head pat for not biting his friend.