25.✓

"Haven't decided yet." Kaz responds, honestly, leaning back. "Try me, what's their name."

"They're dead. It doesn't matter anyway."

"Doing a dead man's work. someone you loved? Someone you feel you owe it to, then. Is this a revenge story? Oh, little spiderling, revenge is a fool's dream." Kaz smirked, wiping the bloodied blade off on his gloves.

"Something like that. I'm not here for revenge. I'm here to simply watch."

"And your sister does the dirty work, then? She does seem the more murderous between the two of you."

"I gather intel, she kills. She is, trust me. Now I wouldn't call it dirty work. Just getting the job done."

"Hm. What business do you have with the Wraith?" Kaz asks voice detached.

"I only gather the intel. I do as I'm told." Her eyes would watch his. "Why do you care anyway? I thought Dirtyhands didn't care about anyone."

"Let's say I have taken a stake in her actions. It would cost me money if she died. And you know how we Kerch are with our money." His smile is cold as he stands up. 

"Very well, I believe you." Kaz stood up and gestures to his guard. He walked with them and watched as they patted Sybia down, took off the bag, and then tossed her back in her cell. "As it would seem," he turned to Jinx. "You are my problem. Care to tell me your business with the Wraith?"

Jinx would look at him. "The same as her. I follow orders, that's all. Although Syb is the softy. I care for her." Jinx would stand up and start to pace. "Why is Sybia still here? She told you everything. Don't hurt her."

***

When Inej gained back her consciousness, she felt tight ropes around her hands and legs. The ropes were wrapped around the burned part of her wrist making them too painful for her to sit or concentrate anywhere else. She tried pulling her hands in different directions to loosen the grip but the knot was too tight for her weak body.

***

Kaz tilts his head. "She told me nothing of use... you seem stressed. Until I have the answers I want, it won't stop. Is there anything else you'd like to say, Jinx."

"So why not kill us? You seem to want to." She'd hesitate only for a second."I only have one thing to say... Go to hell Brekker."

Kaz grinned, "See you there." He lifted his pistol and fired a single bullet aimed at Jinx's head, he watched with dull amusement as her body hit the floor.

Sybia would watch in horror as the only family she had left died. "Why her?....Why not me?" Her gaze would meet his. A single tear would drop from her left eye. 

She watched as a pool of blood would start to form under her lifeless body. She'd suppress a sob. "You monster."

Kaz stepped closer. "You should have told me what I asked, but you didn't. You forced me to neutralize the threat, which would be the killer, not the informer. Don't make this into some tragedy, you are not the victim. Let this be a lesson." 

Kaz pocketed his pistol, his dark glare cold. "You don't go after those under my protection."

***

Jason walked into the building where Inej was being held captive. He walked down to the basement where the cells were. As he walked the other prisoners, mostly Grisha slaves, hissed and backed away from him. When Jason approached the cell with his prize in it he ordered the guard to open it. Once he was inside and crouched down in front of Inej and ripped the cloth bag of her head.