30.✓

Jason smiled and put the whip away.

"I knew you'd come to your senses. Now there is a ship leaving to Novyi Zem at dawn. Don't miss it. And don't you dare tell your friends about this or the merchling will pay for it. Maybe it will teach you not to spill the tea."

Vlam's stomach suddenly growled out, confusing Oiche too. Vlam chuckled awkwardly, looking at the wall. He really didn't want to eat this people's food.

 In all honesty he still didn't process how a teen could own a home like this. He refused to acknowledge his stomach growling, and simply adjusted the cloth. Oiche was now looking around the room, glaring at everyone, as per usual.

Jesper bit his tongue he was about to say something else but Jason had his father... his father who he wanted to keep safe, his father who he had lied to about school for years, and still loved him... 

His father who had accepted the people Jesper calls friends... his good, kind father, whose life is now held on Jesper's word... he won't give up on his father... at least not again.

Jason left the room and nodded to the guard. At that the guard walked over to the sharpshooter, cutting to ropes.

"Do you need anything? Water? Kvas? Food?" Wylan wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying, his mind kept drifting to Jesper. A knock on the door made him stand. "One moment," Wylan said and walked quietly up to the door. He'd been doing too much sneaking around his own house today. 

"I'm a medik" someone said from the other side of the door. "Sent by Kaz Brekker. Open the door please or I may have to leave." Wylan opened the door and let her in leading her into the living room but not before locking the door behind them. 

Inej had said not to let anyone into the house but this didn't count. Did it? Regardless the freckled boy needed help.

Vlam shook his head slightly, then winced. The motion making him nauseous. The knock on the door made him slowly turn to the door, surprised when a medik walked in. Sure he had been seen by them in the past, but he still never liked it. 

Oiche, also hated mediks with a passion, rushing over to Vlam and laying next to him, and on his lap. Glaring at the medik. Vlam chuckled and moved Oiche, muttering something in Kaelish to the wolfdog, she seemed to relax, begrudgingly. "She won't bite..."

Jesper waited for the ropes to be gone before crouching down to his father so apologize and make sure he's ok... Colm has a few cuts, slashes and bruises but nothing too critical.

"Come on da, I'm sorry... lets get you home... are you okay?" Jesper question in his native tongue. Thinking in his mind that he never wants this to happen to him again. Now knowing a little bit on how Kaz feels like 'trying to push away people so they won't be used as leverage for another'... 

Jesper knew he can grow attached to people, Da, Kaz, Wylan, Inej, Nina among others... but he knows the others can deal with this but his father wasn't too familiar with the Kerch customs... 

Jesper knew he should've stayed a year to help his father out at the farm. But Wylan needed to stay and maintain a business, so Jesper was more than willing to help. Alongside Kaz who he'd known would have mission for him to go on. 

But now Jesper had another responsibility. He needed to get his father to safety.

"You should at least have some water," Wylan said. "Water is good, get him some. Also bread and another cloth. Damp this time though" the medik said to Wylan, then to Vlam, "this won't hurt a bit. It may tickle though."

The medik took the damp cloth from Wylan and the dirty one from the freckled boy. She began wiping up the wound so she could see exactly where it was and heal him better. "Your name?" She asked the freckled boy, as she cleaned him and forced him to drink the water and take a bite of bread.