Chapter VIII- New Teammate

Dear Director, your program was granted the use of a single Artificial Intelligence Unit for implantation experiments. Yet, the department records clearly show multiple agents in the field with implants during the same time frames. Surely, this must be a logging error, and we anticipate a corrected document soon.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Del sat South on a broken concrete pillar that had collapsed and was now resting on the floor.

"Here we go." Del whispered as he knelt in front of South.

"It's good to see you again, Del." South said, removing her helmet. Her short dirty blonde hair and emerald green eyes made Del think about North, which led to a feeling of sadness.

"You too, Noel." Del replied. "I'm sorry about Noah. He was a good friend. This is gonna sound weird, but I need you to take your armor off."

"You can't at least buy me dinner first?" South joked.

"Not like that." Del chuckled. "The bullet went into the techsuit portion of your suit, and I need to see the full extent of the damage."

"Alright." South said.

Del turned around as to give South as much privacy as possible. When he was given the okay, he turned back around and saw South's armor on the floor, and her in her techsuit.

"Alright." Del said with a sigh. "Delta, talk me through this."

"The bullet from Private Caboose's Rifle has lodged in Agent South's leg." Delta reported. "It hasn't damaged anything vital, but she will need to be operated on quickly."

"Operated on?" South echoed.

"Yeah." Del said, inhaling sharply through his teeth. "You can't continue on with a bullet in our leg, and we don't have surgical equipment, so..."

Del ended his sentence by drawing his combat knife.

South tensed when she saw the knife but then slumped exhaled deeply.

"Do what you gotta do." South conceded.

Using Delta as a guide, Del used his knife to extract the bullet; then found a nearby can of biofoam and sealed the open wound.

"Hey, Del?" A voice called. Del turned to see Church holding a set of CQB armor.

[Replace the Grey with Green and the Blue with Purple]

Del handed the armor to South and left the room to allow her to change.

After a few minutes, South came back out wearing the armor.

"I like it." South admitted.

"Me too." Del replied.

The group then walked outside and noticed that Church and Caboose had taken a considerable amount of space away from Del.