Chapter XI- The Good Ol' Days

Dear Director, I feel you're avoiding the question. If this target was already in possession of an AI Unit, how was he able to secure an additional unit from Agent South? Would not that verify, as we indicated earlier, that your program now runs experiments with more than one artificial intelligence? If so, where did these additional AI come from? And more importantly, how did your agents procure them?
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

The Meta had stolen Delta, leaving Del unconscious on the ground.

Years Earlier

Del was sitting in a chair overlooking the training floor of The Mother of Invention. Agent Carolina was sparring against Wyoming and York as fast as she could to try and set a new record time. Within an instant, York and Wyoming fell to their feet, with Carolina standing over them victoriously.

"Time?" Carolina called, looking to Del.

As if on cue, Del's AI, Echo appeared.

"Give us her time, Echo

"Give us her time, Echo." Del said.

"Agent Carolina's sparring time is 9.7 seconds." Echo said.

"Ooh, three seconds too slow." Del said with a devilish smirk. "Looks like we're picking the movie tonight, York."

"Hell yeah! York cheered with a thumbs up.

"Oh, bloody hell." Wyoming groaned. "Can it not be another garbage action movie?"

"Yeah, I'm with Wyoming on this." Carolina agreed.

"Oh, c'mon, they're hilarious." Del said with a laugh.

"Yeah," York added, "everyone talks in one liners and the plot's nonexistent. All the characters are there to just beat the crap out of each other."

Wyoming visor palmed before snapping his fingers.

"I have an idea." Wyoming said. "1v1. Del vs Carolina. If Del wins, we'll watch that action movie. If Del loses, Carolina picks the movie."

"Del?" York said with a shrug.

"Ah, what the hell." Del scoffed as he made his way down to the training area.

Carolina was already in a fighting stance when Del entered his.

The spar started as Del made a right hook, which Carolina dodged easily.

"You fixed the shoulder problem." Carolina said with an impressed nod.

"That's nothing." De said. He then ran to Carolina and delivered a roundhouse kick. Carolina grabbed Del's leg and threw him across the room. Del fell on his stomach and groaned slightly. Del turned and planted his hands on the ground above his head as he performed a flawless kick up.

"You've gotten better." Carolina complemented.

"I learned from the best." Del replied.

Carolina chuckled lightly as she went on the offensive, punching and kicking at Del. She got a few good hits in before Del caught her arm when she was about to clothesline Del and threw her over his shoulder.

Thinking the match over, Del exited his fighting stance and held out his hand for Carolina to take.

"Del?" Carolina panted as she sat up.

"Yeah?" Del said as breathlessly as Carolina.

Carolina reached to take Del's hand, but at the last second, grabbed Del's arm and threw him over her shoulder. Del fell in his back with a pained groan.

"No action movies." Carolina said.

Carolina and Wyoming left the room. Del was hoisted up by York, who looked back at the door to see Wyoming leave.

"She's something special." Del muttered.

"You tell her yet?" York asked with an arched eyebrow.

"No. Haven't had the chance." Del said with a defeated sigh.

"Then give yourself the chance, or I'll do it for you." York laughed as he left the room.

Del was left in the training room alone with his feelings about Carolina, his wounded pride, and his cracked ribs.
_______________________________
A/N: I know this chapter was shorter, but the idea for a flashback into Del's past was too good to pass up; seeing as that flashback episode of the Reds doesn't really interest me. Til the next one, everybody!