Chapter XIX- Turnaround

Dear Chairman, sir, while I appreciate your concern, allow me to correct you in one area; I value all our subjects' well being. But, I revere above all else our ability to continue as a species. Our ability to survive. And no committee, no bureaucrat, will ever convince me otherwise.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

The Reds were frantically driving around the canyon, dodging bullets from the turret of a Hornet Attack Helicopter.

"Hey, I have a question," Grif called out, "why do we agree to come along to these things if we're just gonna be the decoy all the time?!"

"You seem to have this under control!" South said as she and Wash ran into the nearby base that Church had gone into after possessing the body of one of the Recovery Agents guardian the outpost.

"We'll be right back." Wash said.

Del told Caboose to stay where he was and go with Wash and South.

Inside the base, Church was searching for Tex.

"Tex?" Church called out. "Tex, are you here? Tex, c'mon! Tex? Allison?"

Suddenly, a Magnum could be heard loading.

"Alright." A voice ordered. "Freeze."

Church turned around to see another Recovery Agent standing behind him aiming his Magnum at Church's Face.

"Aw, what?" Church groaned.

"They told us to be on the lookout for someone acting odd," the Recovery Agent said, "and you're acting off."

"Hey," Church said putting his hands up, "buddy, come on. You don't need to be like all..."

Just as Church finished his sentence, Del threw the Agent over his shoulder, landing the agent on his back with a pained groan. Then, South stomped on the soldier's visor, rendering him unconscious.

"Knocked out." Church finished with a smirk. "Thanks, guys."

"Church, that you?" South asked.

"Uh, yeah." Church said. "One sec."

With that, Church exited the Recovery Agent's body, leaving the agent in utter confusion.

"There." Church said.

"What happened?" The Recovery Agent muttered. "I feel kinda..."

The agent trailed off and passed out, collapsing on the floor.

"What do you think you're doing in here?" Wash asked.

"I had to see Tex's body." Church answered. "I, uhm, she's like me, guys."

"What?" Del whispered.

"We know all about her, Church." South said.

"Yeah, but where is she?" Church asked, looking around. "She should be here, right? I mean, shouldn't she?"

"We've all lost people, Church." Wash said. "What's important is that you remember her."

"And what's even more important," Del added, "is that you DON'T SLOW US DOWN WHEN WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FUCKING MISSION!!!"

An explosion sounded from outside the base.

"Oh, what now?!" South demanded as the four ran outside.

The Reds' Warthog was still taking fire from the Hornet's barrage of turret fire.

"What is going on out here?" Wash asked.

"What does it look like?" Sarge replied.

"We're running from the stupid plane!!!" Grif added.

Just as Grif finished his sentence, a Gausshog came out of seemingly nowhere and rammed into the Hornet, sending the aircraft tumbling to the ground, ending with a cinematic explosion.

"Woah." Del breathed. "Who was that?"

"I'll tell you who we are." A voice said. Three soldiers then exited the Gausshog.

"Omega Squadron, Reporting for Duty

"Omega Squadron, Reporting for Duty." The Red soldier said.

The Blood Gulch and The Freelancers stood in awe at their saviors.
________________________________
A/N: New characters!! Sorry if this chapter was shorter. Til the next one, everybody!