Chapter XVII- Road Trip

Del, South and Wash were talking over what Delta's message meant. In order to catch Del up on why they understood the message, Wash and South recalled everything that happened after Del's 'death'.

"So, let me see if I have the gist of this." Del breathed. "The Director made more Fragments, which led to the creation of Epsilon, an AI Unit That retained all of The Alpha's memories. Then, Epsilon went crazy, and The Director put it in confinement at Command?"

"You... don't seem fazed by this." Wash said, surprised by Del's calm reaction.

"When you spend a year with a bunch of Sim Troopers who make a habit of making stupid and headstrong decisions," Del said with a laugh, "you learn to expect the unexpected."

"No kidding." South muttered.

"Come on." Wash beckoned. "Let's check on the Reds."

The Freelancers made their way to Red Team, who were looking over their destroyed Warthog.

"What's the status of the vehicles?" South called. "Report."

"You could have ask nicely." Grif said.

"You're right, I could." South shrugged. "Report."

"They're all busted." Sarge reported. "We could probably fix one by taking parts from all the others."

"Gods know you wouldn't be new to that concept." Del laughed. "Wouldn't That take a while, though?"

"Yeah," Sarge confirmed, "it would take a couple'a days."

"No time." Wash said, snaking his head.

"Yeah," South said, "we gotta get moving ASAP."

"Well, we're gonna need six seats." Del pointed out. "We'll need two jeeps if that's gonna happen."

"Well, where are we gonna find them?" South asked.

"I know." Wash said.

"Why?" Church asked as he and Caboose walked into view.

"Delta was right." Wash stated. "Memory IS the key."

"But what does that mean?!" Church cried.

"It means that only ONE thing remembers everything about these AI and where they come from." Wash answered. "It will know how to stop them. We need to unlock The Alpha."

"The Alpha?" Del asked.

"That means we're going home." South said. "We're going to Command."
________________________________
A/N: Hi, guys! So, is anyone else here confused that no episodes of RvB Season 18 have aired yet? Because I am really anxious for some more Red Vs Blue. Sorry this chapter was shorter. Til the next one, everybody!