Epilogue

Dear Chairman, I am disappointed by your decision to press charges, but I am not surprised. My only hope is that the courts will see the matters differently than you have. You see, I never had the chance to serve in battle. Nor did fate provide me the opportunity to sacrifice myself for humanity as it did for so many others in The Great War. Someone extremely dear to me was lost very early in my life. My mind has always plagued me with the question: 'if the choice had been placed in my hands, could I have saved her'? The memory of her has haunted me my entire life. And more so, in these last few years than I could ever have imagined. But given the events of these past few weeks, I feel confident that, had I been given the chance, I would have made those sacrifices myself. Had I only that chance...
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

After the narrow getaway from Freelancer Command, The Reds, Blues and Omegas all moved into the bases of Valhalla. Sarge, Simmons, Grif, William and South bear Red Base, assessing their new home.

"Men... and woman," Sarge announced, "I just got orders from our new Command. They said that thanks to our efforts in bringing Project: Freelancer to justice, we can have full use of these former bases to continue our training exercises until such time as they need them for more official purposes. Whatever the hell that means."

"Awesome." William said. "Also, Cale made a call to OSI. They told us that Omega Squad was to stay and advise all of you until we're given new orders."

"Thank god." South said. "I don't think I could handle these idiots with just Del and Echo."

"We even got a shiny new Jeep." Sarge said, placing a hand on the good of the vehicle. "Courtesy of the UNSC."

"Yeah, but Sarge," Grif chimed in, "what the hell is- uh, shotgun, by the way."

"Shotgun!" Simmons attempted before stammering angrily. "Fuck!"

"What the hell is the UNSC?" Grif asked.

"It's another acronym." William answered. "Stands for United Nations Space Command."

"Huh." Sarge replied. "Sounds made up."
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

I know you disagreed with my methods, and that others will as well. This is beyond my control. However I cannot imagine that any court would be able to convict me, no matter how low their opinions of my actions may be...
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Del walked around Blue Base, seeing Cale and Khyvo talking about old war stories between the two of them. Del entered the base and saw Caboose kneeling over the Epsilon Unit.

"You need any help, buddy?" Del asked.

"Ah, no thanks." Caboose said. "I think I got it."

"Okay, pal." Del nodded, walking to his quarters when he saw a case resting against his bed.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

You must understand one basic fact for all of this to make sense, my dear Chairman; these AI, they all come from somewhere. They are all based on a person. Our Alpha was no exception.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Will wanted me to give that to you." Cale said.

Del looked behind him and saw Cale and Khyvo in the door way to his room.

They both had their helmet removed, exposing his light brown hair and sky blue eyes. Khyvo's skin was a dark grey, his eyes were catlike and had a bright orange color to them, and he saw two scars running along his upper and lower right jaws.

"Captain Church has had that case in the trunk of our Gausshog since we met you people." Khyvo said. "It was his during The Great War. He said he wanted to give it to you."

"Why?" Del asked.

"You'll see." Cale said with a smirk as the two left Del to his own devices.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

And, while the law has many penalties for the atrocities we inflict on others, there are no punishments for the terrors that we inflict on ourselves. So you send your men. They won't find themselves a fight. They'll only find an old man. An old man, tired but satisfied he did his duty. An old man weary from a mind more filled with memory than it is with hope.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Del knelt down and opened the case. When its contents were exposed, he couldn't help but chuckle.

"Nice

"Nice." Echo said, appearing in front of Del. "Can you play?"

"Can I play?" Del laughed as he sat on his bed.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Sincerely yours, the former Director of Project Freelancer, Doctor Leonard Church.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

________________________________
A/N: That's that. Book II of Del's story has concluded. Before we end the journey, however, I want to give two special shoutouts to Fireslash97 and TyForestWrites, two amazing writers that inspired me to make Agent Delaware's story in the first place. If you don't follow these guys, what are you even doing? Of course, I want to thank my followers for their patience with my hectic schedule with updating this book, and a special thank you to everyone who will be reading this story in the future for your support. With school going on, I don't know when I'm going to be coming back to Wattpad for Del's story during Recollection. But, we'll find out together, won't we? For now, enjoy the song and I will see you guys when I see you. Til the next one, everybody!