chapter 24

SHEESH MAHAL

Arnav entered the mansion stressed and was surprised to see ratna and drashti looking at him as if he was an alien.

Arnav stopped in front of them ( good morning )

Ratna said to him ( what is good about this morning....I got up early in the morning and realized that my son didn't spend the night here )

Arnav said to her ( am not a kid mom )

Ratna said to him ( I know you are not a kid but....)

Arnav interrupted and said to her ( then stop treating me like one.....I was at the kumari Gupta mansion with khushi )

Drashti and ratna looks at him with disbelief.

Ratna said to him ( I forbid you to see khushi again )

Arnav said to her ( excuse me....you forbid me to see khushi again am not in the senior high school )

Ratna said to him ( but can't you see you are hurting drashti....she is your fiancée )

Arnav sigh and said to her ( am having a headache right now mom.....I don't want to talk about it )

Ratna said to him in a stern voice ( you are getting married to drashti in two weeks time )

Arnav looks at her startled ( what.....this not what we agreed on )

Drashti smiles happily.

Ratna said to him ( until khushi came....I don't want to loose my son because of that girl )

Arnav folded his arms and said to her ( well then too bad....and do you think that I will follow your orders?)

Ratna said to him ( yes you will because am your mother )

Arnav looks at him with disbelief ( and what if I don't?)

Ratna said to him ( I will slit my wrist )

Arnav nods and said to her ( alright...go ahead and slit it.....do you think am that stupid, what kind of a mother are you?..... Can't you see my happiness lies in khushi....I don't love drashti and will never will....drashti is just using you to get what she wants )

Ratna said to him ( am your mother arnav and I know what is best for you )

Arnav smiles and said to her ( and this.....this drashti is best for me, she is a witch....a very poisonous snake )

Drashti gulps in tears and she looked hurt with what arnav said : arnav....do you think of me that way?.....I am your childhood friend, I am your friend since a very long time....why are you doing this to me?)

Arnav looks at her and said to her : you are no more the friend I knew....the friend who supported me since childhood, do you think is easy for me to talk to you like that....I love you drashti but not the way you want me to.....I love you as a brother and I want what is best for you, there is still time....mend your ways....you are just filled with jealousy and envy.....I need my friend back)

Drashti said to him ( but I can't loose you for anyone arnav....I love you so much )

Arnav said to her ( you don't love me.....you are just obsessed with me, envious of khushi....you are not only hurting khushi and me but you are hurting yourself also )

Drashti said to him ( you are mine arnav....only mine )

Arnav shouted ( stop behaving like a desperate woman drashti because I don't belong to anyone...I am no ones possession )