ɪᴄʜɪ

.•° ✿ °•

ɪᴄʜɪ 一

°•. ✿ .•°

"Would you like a cup of tea, milady?". Celeste, a maid, questioned the child reading in front of her. As she continued to scan the contents of the book, the child gave her a friendly nod. When a particular object drew the lass' attention, she extended her small hands to reach for a cup of tea on the table.

"Celeste.." The young lady called out as the maid turned, "I've never seen that book before..", she commented, noticing the unfamiliar book placed on top of her dresser.

"Ah, the Duke's servant delivered that this morning, and he ordered them to safely send it to Milady with the Duke's letter," she explained, handing the child the letter, which was sealed with the wax of their family crest on it.

She cut it open with a letter knife and began reading.

"What does the letter say, milady?"

"Father won't be able to come home again as the Palace is busy preparing for the Crown Prince's upcoming birthday, so his work has piled up earlier than expected," the child replied, placing the letter down and picking up the book again.

"Aiya, I can already imagine the Duke's face filled with disbelief." The maid sighed, the kid ignored her statement as she continued flipping through pages some more.

"Albeit this might be my second life, nothing has changed at all." She mumbled to herself.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing," She replied, sipping her tea peacefully.

The child is actually not–– to be precise, her soul, which used to be from a planet called Earth, is not from this world. Allianna was her reincarnation. She was originally a woman of Korean origin named Choi Hye Yeon.

She had a normal family like everyone else back on Earth. But to her misfortune, her family died in a car crash incident when she was young. With no one left to raise her, she was sent to the orphanage and thus became an orphan. However, despite all that, she managed to finish and graduate high school. Unfortunately, she became a victim of an accident while saving a child leading to her reincarnation.

Years have gone by since then, and she is now known as Alianna Aislinn Montagné, a Duke’s daughter, a noble position just below that of the Emperor.

Despite this, Alianna has only seen her Father's shadow twice in the 8 years since her reincarnation, aside from the books sent, and has never met him in person. That's how far and twisted their so-called "Father-Daughter" relationship is. Celeste also claims that her mother died during childbirth, so she has no recollection of her. Alianna knew nothing about her mother, from her eyes to her hair. Nothing.

"Celeste."

"Yes, Miss?" She mumbled, while tidying her bed. "Where's Nana?"

Nana is a nickname for her au pair*, Rose, which she derived from ‘Nanny’ because Rose looked after her like a nanny would, along with Celeste, her daughter.

"Mother is currently at the market, buying Milady's clothes at the Duke's order."

"Hmm." Alianna shut the book and stretched her arms out. "Are you perhaps bored?" She nodded.