ɴɪᴊᴜᴜɴɪ

.•° ✿ °•.

NIJUU-NI

°•. ✿ .•°

"Ugh, it hurts."

"Just wait a little bit longer, it'll be quick."

"Do it faster!!" I yelled at Brigitte as I felt my scalp burning with how tight she's braiding my hair.

"I warned you, Allen. I warned you."

Zion you aren't helping, dude.

"Done!" She cheers, handing me her mirror which I looked at, "There is nothing-"

"Look at the reflection of the other mirror I'm holding."

I saw my shoulder length hair tied in a loop of braids that goes all around my scalp from top to bottom, making a big circle of braid. I do not tie my hair so I don't know what it's called...

"It looks complicated.."

"Exactly my point."

"It's easy! You just need to learn how I did it and you can tie it whenever you like! At a cheap price of a strawberry pie!" She spoke business eyeing the pie in front of me which I was saving for last, "So what do you say~?"

"I say I'll just cut it later."

"Right! Then I'll-- you what? C-cut?"

"Yeah, cut." I replied, taking a hold of the pie with my hand and took the first bite, "It's troublesome if you ask me. I also have to spend hours arranging it which is not allowed when in war. Cutting it is the only option." I replied, taking a big bite out of the pie and stood up.

"Leaving already?"

"Yeah, you said we have a guest right? I think I know who they are." I said, taking out candy that I've been saving and unwrapped it, "Sweets aren't good for your teeth, Allen. Try to hold back your sugar consumption." Zion lectures as Sora gave me another basket full of food I requested yesterday .

I grinned at Zion, "Sweets keep me alive and awake, nothing we can do about it! And thank you for the delicious food, Sora!" I ran out of there and started going to the direction of the Underground training field where Gramps is teaching the newcomers.

"I TOLD YOU THAT SOLDIERS HAVE TO BE ALWAYS AWARE OF THEIR SURROUNDINGS. LOOK AT THAT TRAP I SECRETLY ARRANGED, YOUR COMRADE COULD'VE LOST A LEG OR EVEN HIS LIFE IF IT WEREN'T SCREWED LOOSELY." I hear his loud scolding from the stairs, making me slightly giggle.

For the past two months here, I saw that Gramps is strict for two reasons. One, he treats us like we're his children, and two he gives us hard training to prepare us for a celebration that happens only once every seven years where selected knights of every clan give all they had till someone loses or dies. That's how extreme the celebration is.

The winner of the event can tell the Emperor their one wish, any wish the winner wants as long as the Emperor has the power to give it. Anyone can be picked for this event as the knights are picked randomly so every family knights train their young ones to be ready for the worst.