ʏᴏɴ

.•° ✿ °•.

YON 四

°•. ✿ .•°

The Emperor sighed, "It looks like your little lady will be left alone for a while, Todd." He informed them in displeasure, looking down  at the lass , "Would you be fine on your own, Alianna? Your father and I cannot accompany you for the moment.."

Don't be sorry. In fact, it's my pleasure. Please don't use me as an excuse to go out. She answered in her thoughts but in reality replied with, "No need to trouble yourself with someone like me, Your Majesty. You both have work that is far more important than tending to a person like me, so I shouldn't be troubling you. Even if I wanted to, it cannot be helped." Unbeknownst to her, her answer struck her Father arrows-like-words comically.

"Then me and Todd will be taking our leave now.", he said with a smile, pausing to look at the panting maid who had just arrived, "You, you will be the assigned maid for the Crown Princess-to-be. Please, guide this young child to her room and ask some servants to carry her luggage."

"U-Understood, Your Majesty.", she immediately obliged, bowing. "May the Sun God bless you." Alianna and the servant bid them goodbye.

"Finally..." The two left behind exhaled a sigh of relief; the action, causing them to look at one another.

"Nice to meet you, my lady. From now on, I, Lily, will be your maid that will assist you, as per the Emperor's order, and familiarise you with everything you should know before the banquet. Please take care of this servant of yours." she said, bowing in courtesy.

"Likewise."

❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀

"Lily, Can I ask you a question?"

"Certainly, my lady." She replied as they were walking by the hall. "What kind of person is the Crown Prince?"

"Hmm.. I am afraid I cannot answer that. I am only one of the Empress' maids. Though they are related by status, the Crown Prince does not reside in the main palace nor comes out of his quarters so..." She answered, hesitantly.

So, in other words, they are not close.

"I understand, there is no need to continue."

When the two arrived at Alianna’s new room, Lily bid her goodbye and soon walked away. When she opened the door, she found her luggage neatly stacked on one side of the room.

"Uwah, at last! It's peaceful again." She exclaimed, resting her face down and letting go of the book she had been carrying since early morning, relishing the softness of the bed.

The book! She then remembered, rolling on her back and opening it once more, "I knew it! The first page of the book looks like the structure of the castle!", she concluded and analyzed the two people in the drawing, "Then who are you two?"

She reached for one of her bags and pulled a little pouch inside containing her reading glasses. "It's time to read."

°.✩┈┈∘┈┈┈∘┈┈┈∘┈🌙┈┈∘┈┈┈∘┈┈∘┈┈✩.°
TW: mentions of burning, cursing, blood and killing. If you don't like this kind of talk and are sensitive to the following themes, please proceed to the next chapter instead.

''Once upon a time, in the Land of the Vredel Empire. In the Family of a Duke, there is someone who goes by the name of Ailpein Mohani, an adopted child from a Branch Family. He, who is destined to be the heir, is brutally bullied by his step-sister, Chloe Montagné, the only daughter of the Duke, who did not want to accept that the Duke, her Father, did not choose her as the heir.

Ironically, because of the Duke and his step-younger-brother's kind treatment to him, he could not do anything or have a will to inform the Duke about his step sister's harsh treatment.

One day, at a Banquet, as the representative of the Duke's Family, he met a Baron's daughter, Aignéis Mckays, and fell in love on the way. Ailpein, as the soon-to-be Duke, is quite lonely and miserable behind closed doors and does not know how to express his concerns to the Duke. With the lady’s reassurance and encouragement, he went to the Duke and confessed. All of the experiences he had to go through at the hands of his step-sister. All of it.

Soon after, Chloe was sent to her Mother’s family and was disqualified from her inheritance nor was she given dowry for her soon-to-be husband. While travelling to her Mother's mansion, they were ambushed. She survived, however, her husband-to-be and unborn child died in a Ruffian attack. The lady was full of anguish and headed to the Baron's Family in secret, thinking they were the mastermind of all the bad things that happened to her, plotting to kill the maiden but she failed dramatically.  The Crown Prince, being a close friend of the Lad and a distant cousin, sentenced Chloe to her death. She died but before her death she stated something, cursing them that made the other people that made her life miserable suffer; a curse, according to many.

Those who survived still remember how her death occurred; With a smirk and blank eyes followed by tears, she uttered the following,

"I, Chloe Montagné, curse all the people present here in my misery, to die a day after my death and curse the child to be born with rage and fire. The child will be born with no parents, nor experience love at all. The person who will love them will die like how you all killed the child in my womb! That child will be left in the dark with no love and light to shine on him! I CURSE THEIR CHILD TO HOLD THE CURSE TO KILL PEOPLE CLOSE TO HIM, A CURSE THAT NO ONE CAN STOP. A CURSE ONLY I KNOW!" The crowd roared in rage as someone walked in with a torch and burned her.

The youngest brother could do nothing but only witness that scene as tears roll down his cheeks. It was so gruesome that he wanted to look away but for some reason he couldn't. He cannot help but feel helpless, slumping down the pavement and crying to his heart's content.

Shrugging off what Chloe stated as a measly joke, the crowd laughed and rejoiced at the witch’s death. But, soon after, the majority of the people who were present there were soon found in their homes, dead with their necks gushing with blood. Some said that it may be the work of the Ruffians but many refused to accept that. The heir and his lover soon married and had a child. But his lover soon died while giving birth and the heir followed, passing away as the carriage directly fell off a cliff, comitting a suicide that many assumed was because of the death of his wife. Because of the heir’s sudden death, his youngest and only sibling left alive was then forced to be the successor of the Family and is still leading it to this day. After that day, the child of the eldest son was found missing. Until now, the child's whereabouts are unknown, but wherever he or she is, their life and loved ones' are already ruined by the curse.''

°.✩┈┈∘┈┈┈∘┈┈┈∘┈🌙┈┈∘┈┈┈∘┈┈∘┈┈✩.°

As soon as Alianna finished reading the first page of the book, she noticed something bizarre.

"Why was my Family’s name mentioned in this backstory?"

❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖

Edited by:thelazykrazie
D

ate: Tuesday, April 19 2022