ʜᴀᴄʜɪ

.•° ✿ °•.

HACHI (八)

°•. ✿ .•°

"Of all days, why do I have to catch a cold now?" Alianna mumbled, raising her palm towards her hot forehead. She was sniffing crazily; her vision blurry.

Just moving slightly became tiresome for her sickly self.

Just why was I reincarnated in a weak body, and here I thought I would be reincarnated with a badass body of a fighter. If that came true, then I would be considered a 'Cheat'. She complained in her head.

"My lady, I brought some 'Porridge' like you've requested. Would you like to eat it now?" Lily asked, walking inside Alianna's room with caution as she proceeded to assist her to sit and feed her leisurely.

"Did the party start already?" Alianna inquired with a hyponasal voice.

"It did, unfortunately." Lily responded, clearly disappointed on herself, "And today was supposed to be your first social debut, if only this servant had taken better care of you very well, then-"

"There's nothing to be sorry about, this child's body condition is no one's fault."

Indeed, it is no one's, but this body. Alianna occupied a child’s body that was quite frail. Though not so fragile that a single gust of wind could blow her away, but weak enough that she would only recover after 3-4 weeks when a normal body’s immune system would recover within 1-2 weeks.

"If the miss says so." She replied with a smile as she took the plates away and sat beside the young girl with a sigh, "Milady is really blessed isn't she?" she started, confusing ALianna.

"What did you mean by that, Lily?" Alianna questioned, "You don't know?" She shook her head.

"My lady has a family, and is a royal to be-- the Future Empress! Isn't that a blessing to be grateful about?"

Family... I don't have a family in my former life, nor do I feel I have one in my current.

Before she knew it, her mouth opened on its own and said,

"Status affects family. They say, the higher the status- the better. But the higher you go, the farther you step away from your family. Not only will it affect the child's thoughts and childhood, but it will become the source of weakness for them both called: Loneliness." She concluded, remembering her previous parents who were workaholics. Choi Hye Yeon was 9 years old at that time and was left all alone in the flat with some pocket money. An elderly woman arrived at their apartment, claiming that her parents had passed away and that she would be taken to an orphanage.

I felt nothing as they left me and grew up on my own, and the same thing is happening in my current life.

"My lady..."

Lily clutched her two hands, "My lady!" she called, loudly, catching Alianna off guard, "Y-Yes?"

"My lady, promise me after today, you will make friends!"

"How can I meet people-"

"My lady..."

"... I pledge under the surname of the Duke's. I, Alianna Aislinn Montagné, promise to Lily."