ɴɪ

.•° ✿ °•.

NI 二

°•. ✿ .•°

Alianna is currently standing by the door with her smiling Father, whom she had just met, as well as another man and a young boy across from her.

Except for Rose and Celeste, meeting three people at once after eight years of almost no human contact makes her extremely anxious. She felt the urge to storm out of the room this instant.

I need to get out of here as soon as possible...!

"Frederick, this is my daughter, Alianna Aislinn Montagné. Alianna, Frederick is a friend of mine and he is also the Emperor of this Empire." Alianna slightly bowed at them as a greeting, "This humble born child greets the Emperor, the blazing sun of this Empire, may the sun god bless you." She repeated a line from a book she read the night before.

It is considered proper etiquette for nobles to greet the Emperor with that phrase. The humbler, the better.

Bless the power of books, because of it I've come prepared for this battle. Alianna praised the power of books as she looked at the boy across from her, only to notice that he, too, is looking in her direction, but quickly moves his gaze away upon noticing.

Rude.

The Emperor brushed aside her greeting and told the young lady to look up saying, "Alianna, you've grown bigger than the last time I saw you." He looked at me longer and continued,

"If your hair and eyes weren't like Todd's, you'd look much more like her.." He sighs as he talks about what Alianna presumes is her Mother's appearance.

"Oi, don't talk like that. My daughter is listening, she might despise her appearance because of me!" Todd, the Duke and Alianna's Father, replied as he covered Alianna's ears while insulting the man who seemed unconcerned about what had just been said.

But I was born like this, there's nothing I can do about it. Alianna thought.

Frederick, the Emperor, turned to the boy beside him, then the boy looked at her and smiled before saying, "Louise greets Cousin Alianna. I'm Louise Von Avast from a branch Family.", and bowed as a form of courtesy.

Alianna blankly bowed back and looked outside after.

It's none of my business. They're Father's guests, and not mine in the first place. Please finish already, I want to go back to my room.

"Alianna," The Emperor called her, grabbing the young lady's attention once again, "Yes?"

Then he looked at the Duke,"You didn't tell her, did you?", causing him to look away.

Hmm?

The Emperor sighed in defeat before explaining to the clueless child, "Alianna.. you and the Crown Prince have been engaged ever since you were born. You are expected to obey and reside in the Palace before the Prince's eleventh birthday, where we'll be announcing your engagement to the public's eye, the same day of your social debut as this Empire's Crown Princess-to-be. As of today Alianna Aislinn Montagné, the only heiress of the Dukedom, will be leaving for the Palace to train and be accustomed to helping the next Emperor as the Future Empress." he sternly command, looking down at the small child like a predator would.