14| And the battle begins

I'm telling you, I've changed, and I'm not leaving until my baby is safe with me.

How did that happen?

Well......

12 hours earlier:

"Look guys I'm sorry" Jenny said, shoving various clothes into her suitcase. "But Auntie Brielle is really ill and someone has to look after the twins" she said apologising, frantically looking for her belongings.

"But my football games soon, you won't miss that. Will you?" Josh said, looking his mother in the eyes.

"I should be back for that sweetie" she said, kissing him on the head which wasn't an eye roll from Josh.

Was sweetie all she could think of?

Jennie bent down and both her and John hugged Alexa's tiny self.

"Okay boys I'm trusting you, don't get into any trouble" John said, ushering his wife out.

"Me? Trouble?" Smirked Alex which earned a playful glare from John.

"I mean it"
——————————————————————————

It had been two weeks since 'the incident' as Ed calls it. As he was waving to his parents from the window he couldn't help but think that he had heard nothing from Daniel and did not intend to tell anyone. Some things are just best left unsaid.

And that would have been fine if social services had hadn't called the house.

"Hello?" Ed said, munching on a piece of toast.

"Hello, are these the guardians of Alexa Hurley" A stern, professional women's voice said from the other line.

"You could say that" he said, licking the Nutella off his fingers.

"Well I'm calling regarding-

"GIVE IT BACK" Alex yelled, stumbling into the hallway, holding onto Axls phone.

"Well give me back my phone then" Axl yelled as if he were speaking to a toddler.

"Fine" Alex huffed giving back Axls phone. Alex stared at Axl expectantly while Axl ignored him and scrolled down his phone.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"My guitar?" Alex said.

"Ohh, yeahh, about that. I don't have it" Axl said, patting his shoulder.

"Well who does then?" He said, not believing a word of his brother. Just as he said that, they heard a deafening guitar strum getting louder and louder.
Alexa came in giggling with a massive guitar that was bigger than her around her neck.

"GUYS, SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Ed said, holding the phone against his chest so the lady in the other end didn't hear.

He rolled his eyes at Alex who was currently chasing Alexa who was winning.

"Sorry, could you repeat that?" Ed said, attempting to block out the background noise.

"I said, I'm Elaine Jones from Social services. Daniel Hurley has requested half custody of Alexa Hurley who I understand is staying with you?"

"Uhh, yeah" Ed said, speechless.

"Well a social worker will be dropping round to explain the details, on Tuesday and you need to give a statement as to why you think you should have full custody of Alexa."

"Well I guess we-

"Thank you, bye" she interrupted hanging up.
Ed stood their in shock before being interrupted by a scream. He looked up and was not in the least surprised to the sight in front of him.

Axl was currently holding Alex's guitar out of reach while Alexa was on Alex's shoulders clutching Axls phone for dear life. Alexa was screaming, worried she was going to fall because Alex was currently beating Axl with a pillow.

All he could do was hope that one day, a day would come when one of them would become mature. But he knew that would never happen any time soon.

But the real questions were, what would he tell his brothers and parents? What would he tell Alexa? Should he tell them at all?
———————————————————————————
A/N: sorry the updates will be more consistent and longer I promise! Bare with.
Thxxx