34| New friends

No one in particulars POV:

"Vince has replied" Axl said, hesitantly picking up his phone.

Staring at his phone for a couple of seconds, contemplating whether he even wanted to open it, Lydia spoke.

Or more likely yelled.

"WELL OPEN IT, DON'T KEEP A WOMAN IN SUSPENSE!!!" She yelled excitedly, threatening to rip the phone away if he didn't hurry up.

"Alright, alright" he said, swiping across Vince's name onto his message, before shielding his eyes away dramatically and chucking the phone onto Lydia's lap.

"What!?" She said, picking up the phone, and examining the message.

"You read it" he said. "I can't bare the rejection"

"Oh you big wuss" she said, rolling her eyes and opening the messages.

"Sure, your place tomorrow?"

Lydia looked up at Axl with a giant grin on her face.

"Sure, your place tomorrow" Lydia said in a really deep voice trying to mimic Vince which made Axl roll his eyes, but smile nonetheless.

Lydia, high-fiving Axl, slumped back down on the bed.

"Can I be a bridesmaid in your wedding?" Lydia said, finally breaking the silence which caused Axl to chuck a pillow at her.

———————————————————————————

Alexa giggled uncontrollably as her and Mya ran around the playground, chucking wood ships at each other.

Josh had taken her and Mya to the park, and luckily for them, it being peak time, she saw some of Mya's school friends which Alexa got on with surprisingly well considering it had been a while interacting with children her own age.

Looking up and seeing the massive grin on her face, Josh couldn't help but smile, butterflies taking over his stomach when he saw the young girl looking so happy. Not understanding how much he could love someone as much as that girl, and on top of that, her unbelievable father who he still thinks is lying despite what Ed says, he couldn't comprehend how happy it made him when he saw the magic of her smile.

"Ria, Ria, Neffie, Neffie come see!" Alexa yelled to her new friends, repeating their names until she saw them looking up, gesturing something in the palm of her hands that were currently closed up.

"Coming" they chorused, getting down from the swings and sprinting over to the girls, despite Josh's protests to stop running unless she wanted to fall.

All of which Neffie and Ria of course ignored.

"What is it Alexa?" Neffie said, curiously looking at Alexa's hands which were currently behind her back, her curly blond hair, adorably bouncing up and down from her excitement.

Alexa smiled gently at Neffie and was happy to see her with Ria.

She couldn't say why, or what the beef was that they had against eachother, but small moments when, naming no names (RIA!!!), would give her vibes that they didn't always get along.

But all four of them together, she couldn't be happier.

Alex and Mya looked at eachother before smiling evilly.

Oh dear.

Nef and Ria didn't like that look.

In fact, Ria disliked that look more than she disliked Nef.