24| A few weeks later

Alexa skipped enthusiastically barely keeping hold of Axl's hand as she pulled him down the pavement.

"Come one Axl, the book shop closes in less than an houuurrrr" she said, dragging out the 'hour' clutching her 'Matilda' book in her left hand, furiously grabbing her brother hand and dragging him in the correct direction which was probably doing nothing whatsoever.

"Alright Lex I'm coming" he said, looking down from his phone, finishing his text to Ed that they might be a bit late because he currently had Alexa wrapped around his finger, and that he didn't know how to say no to her suggestion to go to the book fair at their local shop.

He shoved his phone back in his pocket and focused on the happy girl in front of her but couldn't help smirking at her excitement about life.

He thought to himself how he missed being that excited about the smallest things.

But his eyes were soon diverted to the large Book ship in front of him, filled with children, boys and girls about Alexa's age chatting happily to their parents at this 'Roald Dahl Book Fair.'

Alexa giggles in excitement and clapped her hands as she ran to the food section, cutting herself a massive slice of 'Bruce Bogtrotters chocolate cake'.

(A/N: apologies of you have no clue what I'm talking about, ignore the Roald Dahl references if you haven't the faintest clue what I'm saying. Thx)

"LEX, DON'T EAT TO MUCH, DINNERS IN LESS THAN AN- oh never mind" he muttered under his breath when he saw it was already too late as she went in for another slice.

He told Alexa to stay where he could see her, because he had no interest in reading whatsoever.

Well there was i time when he did like reading.

The two legend book characters.

Biff and chip.

Oh, and who could forget kipper?

Gosh, he was turning into such a mother.

If he wasn't too careful, he was one 'stay where i could see you' away from owning a four person land rover and having five uncontrollable children running around.

He leaned against the doorway, lifting his mask down slightly, looking up the town centre.

I wonder how long it's going to be until we can not worry about social distancing?

Huh?

What a riveting life he was living.

He looked past a couple of the small shops and squinted down the dodgy alley way Ed always told him to not go down.

He could vaguely see a few men, probably doing drugs, standing around each other.

Until one laughed, turning around in his direction-

HANG ON IS THAT DANIEL?
——————————————————————————
"But whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" Alex moaned like a toddler, and pouting whilst holding up his bright phone to Eds face.

"Because Alex" he started off as if he were talking to a small child. He squinted he eyes trying to recover from the sudden brighteness. "As much as I would love adopt one of those puppies. We don't have the money!"

"But E-Edddddddd" he said, scrolling down the list of baby labradors.

"Aleexxxxxxx" Ed mimicked.

Simon shook his head and couldn't help but roll his eyes at his brothers antics.

Sometimes he wondered whether his parents lied about him being the second oldest.