0 3

Chapter Three

I'm more than certain that George believed that I didn't hear him early this morning, but I happened to be walking back from the kitchen after getting a glass of cold water when I had overheard him speaking to Tammy.

Which is why I stayed in bed for the rest of the morning, refusing to think about what George had gone and done whilst I was sleeping.

I didn't want their friendship to be ruined by a failed relationship that was between myself and Nate.

The initial peace I was indulging in was abruptly ruined as I heard Tammy welcome my mother into the house.

Uninvited.

"Mum I'm not leaving this room " I moan out loud, already sensing her by my bed. I heard the distinct sound of her ripping open the curtains letting in an abundance of light.

"Yes you are young lady, just because you're working and live in your own place that doesn't mean I can't come and boss you around, " she says simply, She quickly rips off my bed sheets Leaving me to face the cold.

"Mother of Christ you are THE DEVIL " I shout at her, blindly searching the bed for my blanket again. Is she not aware that it is winter, it barely reaches 10 degrees anymore? She stared at me impatiently. "you smell like a bar, go shower Loretta" she says sternly not leaving any room for discussion.

I honestly like to mentally prepare myself for my parents entering my house. I don't spare her a glance as I grab a towel and head for the shower. Once I'm finished with the shower, I leave the room and grab some clothes.

When I entered the kitchen, I noticed my mum seemed surprisingly chilled out as she slaves her way around the kitchen. She started to fry up a heavy English breakfast along with banana bread that sat to the side.

I finally noticed George sat slumped in his seat as he scrolled through his phone.

I get up to grab some milk from the fridge but mums' hand on the fridge stops me completely. "What"

"Stop avoiding your friend" she comments, as she turns on her heel and continuing too cook all of us breakfast.

"You shouldn't have done that last night George. Nate has every right to be at your wedding, by your side" I said finally letting George know that I had overheard his conversation last night.

"After everything you're still being nice to him, are you delusional" George replied. His eyes showing pity for me. I knew that I should be angry at him and I was, but I still believe that Nate has good intentions and he deserves to be standing next to George as his friend commits to a woman that he loves.

"Just please talk to him" I begged him.

I could tell that he was reluctant to. "fine I will, but don't think for a second I will make it easy for him"

I was relieved. I knew that if Nate wasn't by George's side on the day of the wedding George would not be 100% happy which would make Tammy upset. I didn't want that for them.

For one day I can push aside my personal issues.

Mum soon laid out all the food on the table and stood back proudly with her display of food.

"I think I love you Hannah", a drowsy voice says from the entrance to the kitchen

My mum laughs lightly at Tammy's declaration of love for her.

"Sweetie come join " she calls out to Tammy. Tammy looks towards the ceiling in awe "it's coming from above did I really die and go to heaven "

My mum had to respond to Tammy's weird antics because myself and George were digging into the food like a pair of savages. we don't waste time.