0 8

Chapter Eight

The feel of Nate's lips on mine was just bringing back so many memories that I just got lost in the moment, enjoying the softness to his lips. I felt his fingers skimming over the bare skin just below my chest knowing me out of my daze, when I realised what I was doing. I quickly jerked back, stunned with how easily I was hooked to Nate.

Nate runs his tongue across his lip, taking advantage of my taste still lingering on his lips. Nate stands up straight and looks at me with a lust filled gaze, his eyes dropped to my lips again as I rub them together. "Loretta," he says in a rather husky voice that makes my legs go weak.

"I have to go I'm sorry" I stutter as I turn on my heel. That was my biggest mistake, letting him kiss me like that. I was doing so well in ignoring him, it was easy when it was just his voice that I had to avoid but when it's his touch, his lips that's going to make it impossible.

I stood in the parking surprised when I noticed Cameron's car was no longer parked where we left it. I dug inside my bag and saw a few missed calls from Cameron then a message saying that he needed to rush home and that I should just get a ride.

"Shit," I mutter, I tend to forget that Cameron is just my photographer and editor. He is always so welcoming to the idea of driving me around, being my assistant almost but in reality, it isn't his job.

A deep chuckle comes from behind me, I then realise that Nate is standing outside his car with a small smirk on his face, as I come to realise that Cameron had left me. He kicks off his left foot off the side of the pathway and pulls open the passenger door to his car.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what he's implying. And to be honest, Nate is probably my only chance of getting without waiting around for a taxi.

Reluctantly I walk over to him and slowly get inside. When he's happy that I'm safely inside his car he closes the door and walks over, back to the driver's side and slides in.

"Where to?" he asks me before signalling to turn right down the main road away from the building, I'm too busy staring at him as he drives that I couldn't quite remember the question he placed. "Loretta where am I taking you?" he asks again. A little irritation in his voice.

"Oh, right I'm staying at the Nevada for a few days so just take me there" I finally manage to reply to him. I did need to go back to the apartment to pick up a few things but the drive to the Nevada was shorter and I desperately wanted to get away from Nate. I could drive myself back to the apartment.

He nods his head in understanding, not asking me any questions and continues to drive down the road with such ease.

As we drove towards the hotel, I couldn't help but think back to everything that's happened. I wish I could just get over everything and just get things back to normal with Nate. To walk into his apartment, kiss him and cuddle for the rest of the night but my mind can't just forget, I mean I get it that he was protecting me but in the whole ordeal I was seriously hurt and I'm not sure if I am brave enough to put myself at risk by being with Nate again.

I was thankful when we pulled up outside the Nevada. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door but was pulled back as Nate said my name.

"Loretta, I don't like this " his voice stops me in my tracks, I turn slowly to face him. I watch the sad expression on his face, his eyes looking down as he sinks into his seat.

"I don't know how I can make things right again because I'm desperate for another chance," he says by grabbing my small hand in his. I don't know how to react, but Nate takes a deep breath when he realises that I'm not trying to move away, to run away from him.