1 6

Chapter Sixteen

I breathe deeply and turn to walk further into the room. "Loretta, don't worry you can talk in my room," My doctor says from somewhere behind us. "like he has a choice" Nate mumbles as he pushes me into the room. When we reach the centre of the room I jump slightly at the loud bang of the door as Nate kicks it closed before stalking his way to meet me in the middle.

"Why didn't you tell me," he asks standing just before me. the intense gaze he has on me leaves me to just stand there like an idiot, a heat surrounds my body as he waits for my answer.

I take a deep breath and sit on the chair in the room that my mum was sitting on previously, parts of me think that they told Nate I was hereafter hearing my results. This is not the way i wanted him to find out. I had hoped that i would have the chance to tell him myself.

"I wanted to know first but I was going to tell..." I start to explain to him in a rush but my words were cut off when he kneels down to come in level with me. "cut the bullshit when were you ever going to tell me, Loretta, because hell after last night I'm sure that was the perfect time to tell me"

I peer behind him to check if anyone was going to come in, his voice raises higher with each word.

"lower your voice Nate we are not in your apartment people can hear you" I snap at him because frankly, I don't want people hearing us argue especially in a hospital.

He glares at me" believe me if we were in my apartment my voice wouldn't be the loudest" I blush at his comment since I know exactly what he means by that.

"I'm not angry at you but i am frustrated that you wouldn't tell me this. This isn't just you anymore we are together I intend to keep it that way we have to become a partnership which means you need to talk to me about anything" he lowers his voice significantly and grabs a hold of my chin.

"but you want children, " I say removing his hold on me. "what if I can't give you that " I look down avoiding his eyes at every opportunity.

"No, Loretta I want you and if children come into the picture then great but if you thought for one second I would just get up and leave then you're wrong, understand" he grabs my chin again pushing it up with his fingers.

My eyes connect with his and I have no other choice but to look into his deep brown eyes.

"I'm scared Nate what if we can't have a family, what does that mean for us," I say my voice just above a whisper.

He surprises me by pulling me closer and wrapping his arms around my body in a tight embrace. I just enjoy the feeling of his body connected with mine and rest my face on his shoulder.

"we will get through this together, " he says pulling back to look at me again, I agree with him by nodding my head and finally placing my lips on his and kissing him.

The kiss was soft and gentle. I expected a rougher kiss with more urgency but this was better at calming me down. I tugged on his tie and deepened the kiss.

We finally pulled away fro each other. My hand smoothed down his shirt and tie.

"What exactly made you think I wouldn't want to be with you Loretta" Nate drives us back to the city, after scheduling a meeting with my doctor for another time.

"I just thought that you would want kids and if I couldn't give that to you then" I muttered trying to find the next words that would sit well with this conversation.

"You thought I would just pick up and go is that it" Nate's fingers wrap around the steering wheel tightly I could even see his jaw tense up as he says this.