1 0

Chapter 10

The drive to this restaurant was short. Nate led us up to a restaurant that let people eat on a large open balcony that overlooked the city. As I walked over to our table I couldn't help but admire the beauty of Paris.

"Thank you sir" I said sweetly as Nate pulled out my chair for me. He shook his head. " Just sit down Loretta" he mumbled. Teasing me with that grin that I have honestly missed so much.

As soon as we were comfortable a waiter came over and poured us complimentary glasses of wine. " Bonjour, may I start you on our fresh baked bread for a starters" the man said. I looked behind him where another waiter held a platter of fresh bread with a variety of toppings and spreads.

" Bonjour, yes please" I spoke since Nate was obviously waiting for me to decide. I could sense that Nate was letting me make all the big decisions. Almost like he was scared of taking control. Scared I might run away.

But I wasn't going to. I needed to make it known that I wanted this just as much as he did.

After, the waiters left us with the menu's.

" I heard that they have the some of the best seafood here, especially their lobsters and muscles," Nate said leaning forward as my eyes worked their way through the menu. Generally just trying to find at least one word I understood.

I glanced up. " well we should try that then. I would also like to leave room for a dessert" I said my eyes eying the picture of a rather beautiful cheesecake.

" that won't be necessary. We should go to a dessert place later tonight" he whispered. Almost as if he was worried that someone may hear us.

I had to giggle. " okay I'll trust you"

I strange look crossed his features. I desperately wanted to know what he was thinking in this exact moment but I didn't want to push it.

Nate helped us order. Nate knew a little French, mainly because he came to France often and even though he didn't know the language much he did the accent well which had the kind waiter pleased and much more easy to talk to.

" can I ask you why you came to see me. I was under the impression that some time apart would be good for us" Nate said as he took a sip of his white wine. I knew that red wine was his favourite but white wine compliments seafood.

I picked my glass up and took a sip, I needed the courage from the alcohol if we were going to speak about this.

" I'm not really sure. You left so suddenly and I am just so thankful for what you did for me last night. Angela did convince me that I should come and honestly I am glad I did. I am still struggling with what happened but I knew that it was partly my fault for not listening to you when you warned me initially"

I looked up at Nate and saw his pained face. "Loretta, please don't blame yourself. I was wrong to not be honest with you, I just never expected harry to do that and also I never in a million years thought my own brother would try and hurt the woman I love" I inhaled deeply at his last few words.

Nate knew exactly how those words affected me. Nate suddenly moves his chair around so now he's practically right next to me. He pulls me into his lap, not caring about anybody who could be watching us.

I looked around but Nate soon forces me to look at him instead.

"Don't mind them just look at me " He whispers, I simply nod not taking my eyes away from his, but that doesn't stop me from biting my lip out of shyness at the fact all these people are here watching us.

He doesn't like that one bit because he closes his eyes briefly and takes a deep breath. All of a sudden he stands up and grabs my hand and he starts to head in the direction of the toilets. I hid my face behind my hair, mortified as everyone stares at us.