2 2

Chapter Twenty Two

Nate calls of his guards and says something to the main guard who proceeds to grab Sam's lifeless body and put him in the car which they arrived in. Daniel left after a while, Nate thanked him too.

I walked ahead of Nate, into the house, I could feel his body directly behind mine as we walked in, I walked into the direction of my desk and sat on one of the chairs. I wanted to make it clear that we needed to talk.

With our words, not actions because there's not anything that could replace the want I have to just remove all of Nate's clothes right now and have him take me there on that table.

Focus Loretta

Nate follows closely and leans against the large wooden desk that has various books and pieces of paper lying all over it. His body becomes tense as the silence grows on us.

I fiddle with my fingers for a little while. I wonder how I'm going to start this conversation. Do I just plain out accuse him of lying to me or do I ask him questions and hope that he will just come out with the truth?

"All I want from you today is honesty Nate" I start off by saying in a much more serious tone than I originally was going for. Loretta, we're not in a meeting you're talking to your fiancé in your own apartment, sort yourself out.

Okay now I'm just ranting at myself, this is isn't strange at all.

"Just that?" he questions me, a smirk gracing his lips. Oh no, you do not get away with that today, I want a serious conversation with him, not one that turns into sexual innuendos which lead to my body being pushed against my desk and being ravished throughout the night.

The funny thing is I just keep on trying to convince myself of exactly that.

"Nate now is not the time, I am very angry with you "Nate hears this and suddenly pushes himself off the table and walks around the chair I'm sitting on.

"you don't look very angry at the minute," he says running his fingers through my hair. I try to hide the slight smile I have on my face but I'm sure he's already seen it.

"Stop it " I growl smacking his hand away from my hair. How dare he try and put his moves in me when he knows that I am angry at him.

" you threatened Sam behind my back and then have the audacity to lie to me when I asked you and pretend you were still in Dubai... I can't believe you lied to me on that Skype call ... I just fucking knew it" I rant on.

When I finally look up at him his gaze it has changed. He looks more thoughtful. Why does that worry me?

"I had every right to threaten that bastard, he touched you inappropriately, in ways that only I should be able to touch you" he brings his head down to level with mine.

"As for Lying, I don't see why that's a problem, I wanted it to be a surprise yet I was the one left with a surprise " he chuckles almost darkly. Rather like the joker in comparison to Santa fucking clause.

"Do you think I liked having my fiance touched by another man to have my security guards send me footage of his actions when I specifically told him to keep his hands off you if he wanted to keep his job"

His tone is dark, it sent shivers down my neck all the way down to my core.

"I was furious I still am, so don't act like I've done a terrible thing, Loretta, because I was only ever looking out for you and our future" he finishes, he walks around so now he's directly in front of me.

His tone calmed down a little bit which made me less scared or intimidated.

I bow my head, "I'm sorry, you know how much I hate lying Nate I can't stand it " my voice can barely be heard.