2 7

Chapter Twenty Seven 

When all the legalities were finished. Nate suggested that we take a walk along the grounds of the hotel. Cameron followed us with his camera to capture shots of us after the ceremony. He stayed back which still gave me and Nate the privacy to talk about the elephant in the room. His brother.

"how are you feeling," I ask Nate as we stop to admire the beautiful evening view where you could see the spectacular gardens that surrounded the main hotel building. I know it's not the topic of conversation he wanted to be discussing now but I don't think I could just enjoy tonight without Nate being able to vent out his feelings to his wife.

He brings my hand up to his lips and places a soft kiss there. The gesture was cute and it warmed my heart.

"honestly I don't know. I thought I hated him with everything he did I was sure of it. But he's my brother and I knew if mum were alive she would be totally disappointed if I did nothing to help him" even though Nate is the strongest person I know there's always going to be something that brings him down.

And I can't ignore that.

"when I got the call, I was shocked and my first instinct was to just let things be, to believe that it was fate that he completely deserved it" I watched Nate say these things and it was hard to believe that this was what he was going through whilst I was planning his death for the 5th time because he wasn't with me.

"But I had her voice telling me to do something to be there for my brother even though he tried to kill my now wife" he even chuckled at the last comment. It feels like years since that happened. To think that I was close to being murdered by my now brother in law.

"I couldn't live with myself if i let drew kill himself with the belief that we all hated him and didn't love him" it doesn't take a genius to know that through everything Nate still has so much love for drew and admire that so much.

Nate turned to face me completely once again, pulling me into his body. "enough of my brother, how are you feeling Mrs Tessoro?" his demeanour suddenly changes and I'm graced with, yes you guessed it the famous Nathaniel smirk.

"hungry" I told him mirroring his smirk. On cue, my stomach rumbles just confirming that I am indeed hungry. I haven't eaten all day and the reception isn't starting until an hour.

This morning my mother forced me to eat, however I physically couldn't stomach anything with the nerves I was experiencing.

Before I could say anything else, Nate had grabbed my hand and with a moment to sort out my dress he started to drag me in the direction that we just came from. I really didn't know where we were going but I soon was able to identify where he was taking me I gasped.

"you got us a burger van?" I practically scream in his ear. He smiled from ear to ear. "of course, we paid for expensive food for the reception but I know that this will come to good use" This must have been one of the last minute decisions that he was talking about.

"are you just trying to wow me just so you'll have me writhing underneath you tonight" I say raising my eyebrow.

"I don't have to try darling, and I'm pretty sure you'll be the one on top riding me with those beautiful globes bouncing up and down" I had to slap my hands over his filthy mouth before anyone heard.

"shut up before I divorce you" I exclaim before retracting my hand when I feel his tongue poke out and lick my hand. Disgusting.

Luckily for me Nate managed to keep his mouth shut whilst I was getting my burger from the kind man who was running the burger van. he let me eat in piece and I didn't even feel sorry for not offering him a single bite.