0 7

My eyes glazed over as I stared at the apartment in front of me. Me and Tammy didn't stay here for long, but we didn't expect her to be getting married anytime soon. I knew that when Tammy moved out I wanted to find a place of my own. Find real independence.

My things were brought to my parent's house. I had planned to stay in my old room but it wasn't going to work with all of my things in my room, it just wouldn't be comfortable and would stress me out. I said that I would just stay at the hotel, it made sense since I work their nearly every day and that way I have privacy in my own room.

My parents were completely against the idea but they couldn't change my mind.

My last day in this apartment before I hand over my keys.

I was surprised when I heard someone knocking on the door. When I open the door, a delivery man stands there with his phone in his hand. He glances up when I open the door "for you Miss " he hands me a large bouquet of flowers. He doesn't hang around he just leaves me standing at the door very confused as I stare at the flowers.

After closing the door I walk further into the apartment with the flowers in my hands I've never been given flowers before so this is very new for me I don't know how I feel about this.

I peer into the bouquet and spot a small square card slotted between a few petals. I rummage through and grab the card in my fingers. I flip it over and start to read.

The picture on the card catches my attention. Thomas stood to the side as Nate sat at a desk.

Loretta, you are invited to attend the launch of Generations of arts.

Please come, Nate x

Wait

My eyes widened as I rushed for my phone and searched this on google.

Generations of arts is a special project founded and funded by Nathaniel Tessoro. The billionaire has been known for his interest in the arts and is proud to create a centre for upcoming talent from all types of backgrounds within the city. The launch is scheduled for Tuesday the 21st January, however, it is invite-only.

My feet moved back until I hit the edge of my sofa. I remember sitting with Nate that night as he spoke about wanting to give those homeless people a place to live or just place that they could stay and have a true meaning for their lives. When society has clearly failed them.

I just, never expected this.

I didn't waste any more time as I messaged Cameron. Cameron drove here in 5 minutes, most likely breaking multiple road laws on the way here.

"I just need you to film the opening and any other things that happen don't know if there's going to be any performances but we will see," I say rushing out as I looked for my bag.

Cameron had already started the car as I ran out of the house. When I slipped inside the car I realised that I was going to see Nate. I hadn't seen him since the wedding, but now I was probably going to have to speak to him.

Cameron had broken even more laws on the way here, but if he hadn't we definitely would have been late. I opened the door, only for it to slam closed as a body walked up to the car.

" Jesus Christ, there are so many people here" Cameron mumbled as he also closed his door. The man that was blocking my door quickly rounded the car and knocked on Cameron's window.

" You need to drive around and come through the back. You will be escorted" he said bluntly, his jaw clenching as bodies were shoved into him. He pushed off the car and started shouting at people to move away from the car so that we could start moving.