2 5

Chapter Twenty Five

University and some of the problems I came across over the last few years made me equipped to handle any stressful situation. But it clearly didn't prepare me for today, for when I needed to be my strongest.

On one of the biggest days of my life, I needed to be the strongest I had ever been as I listen to what George is telling me.

24th of April was the date that Nate was adamant on having this wedding. We fought for a whole week until I caved in and agreed to have the wedding on this exact day. So why is Nate suddenly gone, why has he mysteriously disappeared and leaving me to wonder, to panic.

"gone, where? does he have any idea how much we still have to do before this evening." I said, not quite believing what George was telling me. Is Nate that inconsiderate that he would leave me alone on our wedding day.

Any other day and I would have not even cared if he was out of the country because he is a business man in demand I get that. But he promised me that he wouldn't touch any work on this weekend. Promising to give himself to me for our special day.

But today is not a day when he can just fly out to another country and do god knows what. I need him here.

" Loretta calm down he will be back in time" Tammy says coming from the room with my suitcase trailing behind her. we're moving into the suite at the hotel which is where were going to have our ceremony.

"in time! he needs to be here now" I scream, not even caring about the people staring at me, like I was crazy. I didn't care because I had every right to be crazy.

I feel like I'm going to die right now, why wouldn't he tell me. I'm aware now that he's planning a surprise but fucking hell Nate at least tell me you're leaving.

"I swear to god your worse than me" she mumbles before turning around and walking back into the room. She could say whatever she wanted, I didn't care.

"I swear to god if he's late and he hasn't gotten the guys sorted I am not walking down the aisle, tell him that" I say before slamming the door leaving George and Nate's father looking rather nervous. That was obviously a lie but they don't need to know that, if they had a brain they would know that I wouldn't do that, I love Nate too much to ditch him, although it's very tempting since Nate is giving me serious heart palpitations.

I'm so thankful to have my mum here because I don't think I could get through today without her and dad, Me and Nate arrived here 3 days ago to finish off all the last minute plans for the wedding. I haven't seen him since I kissed him goodbye as he left with the guys for the bachelorette party.

Over the last two days family and friends have been arriving in Italy, curtesy of Nate who managed all the flights for them to get here for the wedding.

I'm super nervous but also excited, I just hope everything goes smoothly since I've had enough of the crazy drama in the last few months. But I don't see it going smoothly unless Nate shows up in the next hour.

As I walk around my suite clearly stressed I hear the sound of my mother and the affectionate little brother of mine. When Eaton spots me he claps his hands wildly before smiling, showing his big gums to me. I copy him because frankly, it's contagious. dad has a knowing smirk on his face when he sees the small interaction.

"told you it would work" mum comes over handing a sweet to Eaton which he gladly accepts before leaving me alone completely. When dad sees this and sees the expression on my face his smile is long gone and now is replaced with a frightened one.

" I had no part in that I swear Retta" he raises his hands up surrendering to his daughter. I refuse to take part in this behaviour so I close my eyes and find my happy thoughts. two nights ago, Nate and I endured a romantic dinner at the new restaurant in London and it was amazing, the food was amazing, to say the least, it was Asian cuisine and it's now mine and Nate's favourite restaurant.