0 9

Chapter Nine

Nate wasn't here when I woke up the next morning. My feet guided me to the next room, the kitchen, the shower and even the garage.

But he wasn't here. When I finally arrived in the kitchen, I noticed that the coffee was still hot, waiting for me in my favourite mug. A plate of English breakfast sat on the table. Knowing that Nate had stayed here till the morning made me smile.

My chest was full, my smile beaming. I pulled the mug from under the machine and took a sip. The coffee was hot, but exactly what I needed this morning. I looked around my kitchen, most of the appliances were here already except the washer and dryer which I still needed to outsource and buy.

After sitting quietly with my coffee and breakfast I headed upstairs to dress in some presentable clothes that would be suitable to meet the delivery men by my gates. I spent the next two hours in my new home, my dad came over with the delivery guys and helped bring in the boxes.

George and Tammy Facetimed me earlier but I quickly ended it when they started bragging. About their honeymoon which consists of the beach, seafood and a lot of bedroom activities. Tammy couldn't wait to come back and see my new house though.

After a whole hour of contemplating I finally messaged Nate. Saying thank you for last night and this morning. He read the message but didn't reply for another two hours. I had made the assumption that he was extremely busy, wherever he was and decided not to bother him further.

After some investigating with Angela we found out that Nate was currently in Paris. Fashion week was on and he was an ambassador for a major brand. He even had his own line with them which surprised me the most.

"Why don't you go" I look over at Angela like she has grown another head. Cameron had dropped her off 30 minutes ago and left quickly without another word. He barely made eye contact with me, which probably had a lot to do with him leaving me last night. So suddenly.

"Are you kidding me, I can't just go?" I said as I continued to hang up my clothes in my brand-new walk-in wardrobe. I was thankful, with all these clothes I was getting sent it was a dream, a luxury to have such a big open space to store my clothes.

"Yes, you can" she argued "I'm sure he would be more than pleased to see you there and plus isn't it time you started to make the effort" she reasons with me.

Thinking about it that way I guess she's right I should probably start making some of the effort. My initial plan on avoiding Nate really isn't going to plan and Nate is kicking over every barrier to get to me.

"You really think so, " I ask her as I place my last dress on the hanger. Coincidently the dress was the one I wore that night when I met Nate in the club after that disaster meeting in his office.

"Girl you know I'm right c'mon let's get you packed and sent off to the city of loooove" she sang out as she jumped on my bed to reach the small suitcase on the top of my wardrobe. I watch as she excitedly started to pack things inside.

Even though my mind was saying stay home, don't go to Nate I felt myself already thinking about what I would say when I got there. I followed Angela and started to pack my essential items into a small bag.

"I am not wearing that Angela" I exclaimed watching her pull out a sexy black ensemble. It had not been touched yet; it was a daring purchase from me.

The little black skirt and light pink silk top lastly paired with a fitted black blazer. Angela bent down and pulled out my suede black thigh-high boots.

She looks at me before huffing " I don't know why you're being a prude Tammy told me about your little show on Nate's birthday " she says hiding her face from me so I can't see her smirk.