2 6

Chapter Twenty-Six

Talking with Nate just now just confirmed everything I may have been doubting. There is no other man I would be with and walking to right now.

Our relationship is just that crazy that it would only make sense for something like this to happen on our wedding day.

I am concerned about what happened with Drew, Nate's brother. I wanted to know more about what made Nate go to him and nearly be late for our wedding but I did have more pressing priorities right now.

I turned to my Mum who had an emotional look on her face as she helped me with my dress. Dad was waiting for me at the door leading out to the garden of the villa. He looked very handsome in his suit and he looked fucking nervous as hell.

"you promised you weren't going to cry Hannah," my dad says watching my mum wipe away fallen tears. One of the makeup artists rushed over and saved her from ruining the pretty eye look.

"yes, well excuse me if my daughter is getting married, cut me some slack "my mum hastily grabs a tissue and hands it over to my dad who quickly wipes his tears. I look at them both and wonder how I managed to deal with them for so many years.

"you look, beautiful baby," dad says taking a hold of my hand. I lean into his chest and hug him. He wraps his hands around my body before letting go and grabbing my hand tightly in his.

"shall we go," he says smiling down at me.

I nod my head falling into place next to him as we walk out to the garden of the villa. There are two ways to get to the alter but one of them makes it easier for Nate to see me instantly so we took the other route.

The garden was beautiful, it was a large space and was filled with the natural beauty of Italy. From a distance, I could see everyone sitting in their seats. Mum quickly took her place next to tammy and George and I was shocked to see my grandfather who looked dashing in his grey suit.

I haven't seen him in years and I thought he was still in Canada. Dad looks on and squeezes my hand once we are in line with the alter, I still had some walking to do. Eaton walks out and drops little petals with someone else's daughter acting as our flower girl and boy. He was too shy to do it alone apparently. I smile brightly as I watch my little brother walk ahead. Finally, I look up towards the altar and almost stop walking when my eyes meet with Nate's. it feels like I haven't seen him in forever and my heart literally pounds out of my chest when I don't take my eyes off him. And he doesn't either.

The time in which It takes to walk towards the alter felt like an eternity, but when I finally made it and dad kissed me on the cheek I could relax a little bit more.

I frowned when Nate made no move to touch me or even hold my hand. I could tell that he was giving me space, and he probably thought I was still angry at him. But how could I be, it's not like he was hungover from being with a girl. I can be difficult but I'm not a bitch.

Instead of some random priest from the church, one of our close friends who knew mum from university and is a lifelong friend of our family is going to be leading the ceremony.

Before anything could happen, I turn around and face Nate. George looks on and smiles fully knowing that I'm not going to say my vows with this burden.

I place my hand in his and grab a hold of his neck forcing him to look at me, the silence confirms that everyone is looking on in curiosity.

Nate finally faces me, surprise evident in his eyes.

I didn't say anything but we could understand each other. He tightened his hold on me and eventually relaxed and smiled down at me before looking forward again.