1 8

Chapter 18

I parted my lips to finally answer him.

"It feels too soon for marriage Nate but my answer is simple. To making a promise to you, showing you how much I love you and how much you mean to me. The answer is yes. If for you that is marriage, my answer will always be yes" I said slowly.

His eyes focused on my lips. Slowly but surely his lips grew to a wide grin as he grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me into him. I squealed at the sudden hard force but quickly smiled mirroring his gleeful expression.

I moved in and placed my lips on his and kissed him, confirming my answer for everyone watching on but also for Nate. We pulled apart breathing heavily. He took my hand in his and slipped on the ring carefully, I was shocked because it was the perfect fit.

My mind flew back to last week. Nate held my hand in bed but most importantly he was playing with my fingers, slowly tracing them. Was he thinking about the ring then. He probably was and I had no idea.

As we stood up everyone around us started to clap. It even had a few people in tears, I could clearly see George trying to keep it together as well.

Nate lifted me up into his arms and kissed me again.

The look we gave each other as he placed me back on the ground was easy to identify what we were both thinking at this moment. We needed to get home, because I'm sure none of us were planning on holding back tonight.

Our family and friends surrounded us quickly. Everyone was happy for us even with everything that we have been through in the past.

I honestly couldn't believe I was engaged to Nate. We never thought about it which made it such a surprise for me. Nate really pulled it out of the bag with this grand engagement I mean he got a bloody orchestra to play such a beautiful piece for us.

I can't believe that he even got my little brother in it as well. When I saw him walking up to us earlier I was so happy I think that's what made me the most emotional. Seeing my brother and it warmed my heart that Nate would involve the little guy in this special moment for both of us.

I haven't been able to keep my eyes off that man all night. As we talk to our loved ones we occasionally take sneaky glances at each other. All of a sudden he became 100 times more attractive now bearing the title of my fiancé.

"Loretta I'm so happy for you," Tammy says wrapping her hands around me. I smile at her before hugging her back.

"did you know?" I ask her, I wonder if Nate told anyone. "I didn't, not even George knew but I'm guessing that was Nate's revenge for the fact that George didn't tell you guys about our engagement"

She's probably right. Nate practically lives off torturing his best friend. It's amusing to see. But something gives me the idea that Nate hadn't planned this for long. It would make more sense since we only recently got back together.

"That sounds like something Nate would do, I'm just glad they're both back to being friends, it really hurt to see them both fighting with each other Tam" we look at the two talking with Nate's close friends.

"I know, George won't admit it but he hated fighting with him, "she says slinging her arm around my shoulder. It's a comforting gesture that warms me.

Suddenly Nate looks over at us, raising his eyebrow at me.

"I don't even know what that means" I whisper to tammy as we both catch the little movement. Tammy just laughs removing herself from me.

"Don't you, Nate is practically praying on all these people to leave Loretta "she mumbles hiding the smile on her face. Maybe I'm just clouded by my own desire that I can't even tell anymore.