1 7

Chapter Seventeen

Nate brought me through the crowds towards our seats. William sat a few seats away from us to keep a watchful eye on us from afar. Many people recognised us but Nate communicated well and they seemed to understand to let us be.

I waited anxiously for Thomas's turn, by the time it came my hand was gripping Nate's thigh with everything I had. Nate picked up my hand and wrapped his warm fingers around them. " breathe Loretta" he whispers. At first, it worked but then our Thomas walked out onto the stage with his guitar.

Thomas's eyes refused to lift from his feet as he nervously walked on to the stage. The audience clapped along, just like they did with every contestant but both me and Nate jumped up to clap for him. The sound of cheering below us forced my eyes down where I saw Thomas's parents, who were almost emotional. I couldn't imagine what they must be feeling right now but I'm sure they are very proud of him for doing this.

One of the judges asked him a few questions which he cutely answered making most of the audience fall in love with him already.

"he's so cute" I whisper to Nate leaning over slightly. He nods his head agreeing with me, before turning his attention back to the stage. When we turn our attention back to the stage I was surprised to see Thomas scanning the audience, it was evident that he was looking for someone.

I had no idea how, but Thomas found us. When his eyes flickered over to mine he seemed to stoop, his posture changed completely and I was genuinely worried. Why was he so adamant on not having me here. I just couldn't miss this.

I turned to glance at Nate to see if he had noticed this too but I shoved my hand over my mouth as I spotted Nate holding a sign with the help of a few over-excited teenage girls to the right of him. It read we love Thomas. In big capital letters.

I think everyone was a little shocked but I was even more shocked. I was confused about how Nate managed to get that here without me noticing. But regardless the sign seemed to cheer up Thomas and instead of his deep-set frown, he grinned wholeheartedly.

The laughter soon subsided and we all managed to focus our attention back to Thomas who was grinning back at us.

After the judges gave him the green light, he started to strum on his guitar. My breath hitched when I recognised the song.

The song will always have a special place in my heart but only when it's Thomas that Is singing it. The same song that we sang together all those months ago. Nate's hand tightened with mine as Thomas began to sing.

Showing off his raspy voice and full range. I was lost in the music as Thomas began to play and sing along. When he finished his performance, I shot up out of my seat and clapped loudly for him. His performance was flawless and I was so proud of him. It was only a few seconds until everyone was standing along with me clapping enthusiastically for him.

The next few minutes were tense as the judges commented on his performance. They asked him why he poured so much emotion in that song and I held my breath as his eyes lifted to mine. I was going to give that boy the biggest hug ever, later.

My smile widened when he received the news he would be going on onto the next stage of the competition. Due to the rules of the show, we were not allowed to leave until all the auditions were finished. I tried to enjoy the rest of the show but it was almost impossible.

The minute we were allowed to leave, Nate pulled me with his down the steps of the auditorium and through to the exit doors. William was following behind us, watching us from behind. When we made it out we were ambushed my Thomas who was waiting with his parents.