Chapter 2: Hero

I bit my lip as I stared at the screen of my phone.

There was an incident in a Ferry boat in Queens. Spider-Man and Iron Man were spotted at the scene. It wasn't a good one either.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. The men in my life are idiots, all of them.

"You going to check on him?" I turned to see Bucky standing at the door. I was sitting in his hut while he fed his goats.

"Of course. Dad probably tried to teach him a lesson or something." I stood up and smiled at the man.

"I told him I would be there whenever he needs me, and I feel like he does. I wasn't there when that thing happened at the Washington Monument." I felt guilty for that. It was his first big time thing. He's always wanted to do more, and he finally is.

"Then go." Bucky smiled and ushered me out of his hut. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked back at him. "I'm tired and I want to sleep. Go talk to the Spider-Kid and give him a Steve worthy speech."

I laughed.

"That's a lot harder than it looks. Steve speeches are something else." I hit his arm away from my shoulder. He let go with a laugh. "And you slept for 3 months. Why do you need a nap?"

"Because you give me a head ache."

"I should be the one saying that about you." I said.

"Ouch! My head!" Bucky faker cried as he grabbed his head and turned to his hut. "See what you've done!" He disappeared inside.

I rolled my eyes at the dramatic old man.

~

I made sure I was invisible as I walked into the apartment. I smiled at May who was laid on the couch, asleep. I looked down the hallway to Peter's room.

I tiptoed to the door.

I felt my heart break slightly at the sound of Peter's quiet crying. I knocked on the door lightly. The crying stopped.

"Can I come in?" I asked through the door. There was silence for a moment, then some shuffling. I made myself visible.

Peter opened the door. He stood there, red eyes and a slightly red nose.

"Oh Peter..." I frowned and pulled him into a hug. He didn't hug me back at first, but soon he did.

"I-I messed up." He mumbled into my shoulder. I patted his back soothingly. "I'm so happy your here. I missed you so much."

I felt my heart ache at the smallness of his voice.

~

Peter explained to me what happened. Washington, Ned finding out about him, the Ferry, the Vulture guy, the weapons, Dad's talk, Dad taking the suit.

Peter calmed down now. He's still upset, but he stopped crying.

"Peter." I called to him, noticing he was in a trance. He shook his head and looked at me.

"I really thought I could take them. I thought I could do this on my own... but I could have gotten innocent people hurt or worse. With the suit, it was so much more easier. Happy doesn't text me back, and he won't believe me about the Vulture dude. Mr.Stark said if I'm nothing without the suit, I shouldn't have it. I just wanted to be like him. Like you. I wanted to be a hero." Peter's voice cracked at the last word. I let out a sigh and stared at the boy.

He ran a hand through his hair, and placed his elbows on his knees. He stared at the ground.

He just wants to help. I've seen the videos about him on YouTube.