When memories from the past...

"Hi. Is this seat taken?" Arthit's eyes widen as he looked up. He never thought someone will approach him and the person is speaking in English.

"Uhm... no?"

"You're Thai?" the man asked and Arthit nodded immediately.

"Oh sorry, I was thinking that there are a lot of tourists here so I just randomly talked in English." The man smiled with his eyes which made Arthit stare at him. He is now talking in Thai.

"But you said that this is free, can I share? The tables are occupied." The man said as he looked around making Arthit follow him.

"Okay, sure," Arthit muttered making the guy smile as he sat in front of him. Arthit tried to focus on reading on his Ipad again but the guy spoke.

"I am Kay by the way, I came here for a short vacation before university starts." And Arthit felt like his throat went dry. He came to have a peaceful time, how will he introduce himself to this person?

"I see. Nice to meet you." he spurted out.

"Sorry for disturbing you. I won't talk anymore." Kay noticed the discomfort of the man in front of him so he cleared his throat as he started to drink his frappe while he scrolled through his phone.

Arthit felt guilty as the man seemed to be trying to befriend him. Should he?

"I'm Arthit. I came for some peaceful time away from work and before university starts too." He finally said and it made the guy named Kay look up to smile at him, his eyes are smiling as well.

"You're working? You look young."

"I am, age doesn't matter when you need to work," Arthit replied and Kay nodded.

"I know, I was just... surprised." He scratched his nape.

Silence enveloped them again.

Arthit stood up once he finished reading his script on his Ipad.

"I'm going now. It was nice meeting you, Kay."

+

"You're here!" Arthit flinched when someone called his attention.

"Hi." Arthit greeted Kay.

"I know you now!" he happily said making Arthit scratch his nape as he looked around. He is currently in the university to finish up his enrolment process.

"I must have made you uncomfortable when I randomly approached you in Pattaya," Kay said as he sat in front of Arthit.

"Not really," Arthit replied.

"I grew up in the US and I don't really follow Thai dramas. It was just my parents and a Thai language class that helped me learn the language... so I didn't recognize you, sorry." Kay pouted a little as he looked at Arthit's eyes. He then smiled.

"But I found out that my mom is a huge fan. She was watching your drama in our living room and then I recognized you. Who would have thought that I met my mom's little baby?"