...are haunting the present

"Ice are you sure?!" Jane raised his voice at the big man who suddenly looks small in front of him.

"I should have followed him after I brought Kong home. I'm sorry." Ice apologized.

"Where could he be?! Fuck." Jane cursed as he raised his hands in frustration. It is past 12 midnight and he received a call from Ice saying Arthit is still not home.

"Have you contact Prem?"

"I did. He said Arthit left him saying he'll go home. He tried to follow his car but he lost him as he thinks that Arthit realized it. We all know how can drive well."

"Rainza, any answers?"

"Pete and Third don't know too. They're getting worried as well." Rainza replied as she gripped her phone.

"So let me summarize it again... Kong was here as they planned to eat dinner together... then Prem arrived?" Ice nodded.

"Then he left after he instructed you to bring Kong home." and Ice nodded again.

"And we all know that he'd want Kong to be brought home safely than ride the public transportation by himself. Augh Arthit!" Jane ran his fingers through his disheveled hair.

"We need to think... where he could be?!" Jane tapped his fingers on his lap as he tried to think.

"Actually... Prem said something too." Ice is unsure if he should say this now, but he knows that Arthit's managers need to know.

"What is it, Ice?"

"Kay is dead."

And that made Jane and Rainza have a quick pause from panicking.

"Shit."

"We need to find him! Now!"

+

Kong feels worried. It has been two days since that night and he has not received any message from Arthit. No usual 'good morning' or 'goodnight' or 'what are you doing?' which he usually sends when he's inside the car. He kept on checking his Instagram and there is no new posts or story. He even opened his twitter using Mielle's twitter account to check but there's no new tweet, retweet, or like.

"...They may run away again! I cannot do this hide and seek anymore."

"But how about your manager? Jane needs to know this. You cannot-"

"Prem, please. I'm old enough to decide on my own when it comes to this."

"But they'll be worried Arthit... and-"

Arthit's conversation with the man named Prem kept on ringing in his head. The Prem guy looks like he can be trusted like he's someone that Arthit knows well since he even called him as his friend, but Kong doesn't know him. He cannot help but think of who are 'they' and why would they 'runaway' and why Prem would say P'Jane will worry if he doesn't know.

P'Jane, is Arthit available?

He has messaged this to Jane this morning but he has not received any reply. He sent the same message to Rainza who usually replies to him in a matter of minutes but this time, he didn't receive any.