Chapter 5

Calina's pov

The room was quite bright as I woke up, which I wasn't used to as thick curtains normally prevented the light from entering my room. Groaning, I buried my face in my pillow.

"Arina, please close the curtains," I muttered to the maid, wanting to sleep on. However, the room was dead quiet and I didn't hear any of the maids, making me frown.

Sighing, I opened my eyes, trying to get used to the light in the room. "What in the world ..." I muttered, feeling disoriented as I came across a surrounding I wasn't familiar with.

Then, I reminded yesterday, the events from last night were hitting me like a flashlight, waking me full up.

"Shit," I muttered fully awake now, looking around, realizing yesterday wasn't a dream. Now that everything was over I realized that we really did it. We escaped. I wasn't married to the Italian mobster. I was free.

Yawning, I looked out of the window, letting the sun rays caress my face. Smiling lika a fool, I got up from bed, looking curiously through her belongings.

I still couldn't believe that I was in England and not married to the cruel leader of the Italian Mafia.

Though, I had to say his eyes were still fixed in my mind, they were so dark in the picture that my father showed me, almost black. He looked like an angel of death.

Although, I had just seen him in a picture, my senses told me to fear him, watch out if I would meet him, because my gut feeling told me that there was something dark inside him, something lethal.

Every time I pictured those night dark eyes I got goosebumps. In all honesty, I was glad I got away from him before we even met.

"When shall you meet him, Lina? He's not part of your life anymore," I muttered to myself as I looked through the drawers, "he's not part of your world."

Thank God there was no one telling me what to do anymore, putting me under pressure. Now, I was my own person and could make my own decisions.

It was kind of exciting that I could finally decide what I wanted to do in life. And if I did a wrong decision I could learn from it!

It felt like the invisible ties on my wrists and ankles I felt all my life were gone. The hand cut into my back, making me talk like a puppet was gone. I was finally picking up the strings of my life and I would make the rest of my life the best of it.

I still couldn't believe we did it, everything was perfect from now on, like a dream, a beautiful dream.

My smile faded at the thought that it was a dream. What if I was dreaming, thinking I was awake? Was the nightmare waiting for me to wake up? Frowning, I pinched myself to know if I was awake or not.

"What the hell are you doing?" I heard William's voice, making me look up, seeing him leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed, watching me in confusion.

Well, I wanted to make sure I wasn't really dreaming as I felt paranoid. Therefore, I walked towards him until I was standing in front of him. Then, I turned my cheek towards him.

Frowning, he leaned closer, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Morning, sugar," he muttered, confused by my behavior. "Morning," I smiled before gesturing to my cheek, "now hit me."

"What?" he asked me, looking at me as if I had lost it all. "I said hit me, it's all right, come down on," I encouraged him.

"I don't know what you and your maids were into in the morning, or what kind of a masochist you are, but I'm not going to hit you," he told me, shaking his head.