Chapter 11

Gabriela's pov

"Beware, Raphael!" I said as he pushed me with his shoulder while walking past me, making me almost drop the tray of cookies I was taking to Laura's room.

"Where are you taking these?" he asked me, taking a cookie from the tray, making me wish I had poison them.

"To Laura's room, she asked me since a week to do cookies for her," I told him. Huffing, he bit in the cookie, looking at me with a distaste, saying, "You're a great mother, Gabby, but I wish you could be a great with me too, but you can't, because you're only half a woman."

I felt a pang in my heart, clenching my jaw I looked at him with hatred. "What? Isn't it true? So many years passed, and you still haven't given me another child. Focus on your therapy than on cookies, because I'm tired of fucking you," he claimed, dropping the cookie onto the tray, before giving me a disgusted glance and walking away.

Biting my lip in order not to tell him I was fooling him all these years in order not to get pregnant by a son of a one inch dick like him, I watched him leave, warning myself not to ruin my cover by telling him that I wasn't half a woman, and everything was a cover, planned by my lover to save me from giving birth to his offspring years ago:

•••THE PAST•••

I was in my bedroom, looking at Laura. She had his eyes and I loved the way she reminded me of him every time I looked into her blue eyes. My eyes were blue too, but I could see from who she had inherited those blue eyes.

"Soon, soon we'll be reunited with your father and live happily together as a family for the rest of our lives," I said, caressing her cheek as she looked at me innocently, "I love you."

I hated that he named my daughter Laura, he didn't ask for my opinion when he officially named her Laura. The first thing I would do after getting rid of him was to change my daughter's name, give her a name she could wear proudly.

She was mine and his blood, and I wanted to give her a name that would let her know whose blood was flowing through her veins, as it was ridiculous for her to have an Italian name, after all, she wasn't Italian at all.

Sighing, I kissed her head before calling out for the maid, "Maria!" She entered my room in seconds before asking, "Si, Madam, how may I help you?"

"I'll go out, and I won't be back until dinner. Take care of Laura until I come back. There is still breast milk for her in the refrigerator. She didn't drink enough in the morning, she might be hungry. Please feed her," I asked her to do.

She nodded her head before looking at Laura, saying with a generous smile, "Si, don't worry, I'll take care of the pretty little lady." Nodding my head contently, I left my bedroom.

I knew I could trust Maria with Laura as she was very loyal to Raphael, and wouldn't do anything to hurt his family.

Even if Laura wasn't Raphael's daughter, everyone thought she was his, as my father covered my pregnancy up and made sure the truth stayed hidden in the dark since my wedding.

He probably would behead us if he knew the truth. However, he'd never find out Laura wasn't his as dad had my back.

As I was about to leave the mansion, I heard Raphael saying after me, "Where are you going?" I stopped in my movements, turning around, seeing him leaning against the wall at the top of the stairs, looking at me.

"I'll see a friend of mine, I'll be back for dinner," I told him, annoyed of him meddling in everything I was doing.

"You tramp around while the maid takes care of your daughter? You are such a great mother," he said with a blank smile, sarcasm evident in his voice.